This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another point that can be made about the warcraft 3 mod is this:

It provides a unique new challenge. I've been playing cs for 5 years now, and for the first few, I wasn't very good. I started getting into CAL, and while I improved greatly, there was only so much I could do. In warcraft 3, you almost need a headshot (or 2) to kill someone. While some of you might not like that, it really does improve my aim in things like cal.

Other skills do a great job of heightening your senses, too. You tend to look places you wouldn't expect people to be more often and find people there. You really get a feel for every aspect of movement, jumping, hiding, and shooting in the game. Even if you don't like the gameplay, it definitely adds in ways that can be practically applied.

Comment

If you dont like the mod, then why post? Calling the modders and players noobs and homosexuals is just childish.

Dont play it if you dont like it. Simple a that.

Comment

Edited by [user="326937"] @ [time="1122316307"]

Everyone has their own personal opinion about the WC3 mod, many love it and others hate it. I personally like the WC3 mod since its a good break from normal CS and also allows for a faster paced game plus enables you to perform unique strategies which would be impossible in normal CS. But thats just me, many people agree with me and also many disagree but theres no need to start being an idiot and posting multiple stupid threads about how WC3 is an insult to CS etc... and attacking everyone who actually likes the mod.

Comment

No wonder everyone puts cs players down, some good people come up with a good concept that takes a repititive game and makes it interesting and hundreds of pre-pubecent losers start calling them homosexuals...

Hell i wouldnt even play cs if it weren't for WC3FT, considering there are tons of fps that beat the crap out of vanilla cs.

Comment

The latest barrage of us players are all from the same communit know as Insane Justice (or iJ for short). We are a long standing WC3 based community. We've tried lots of different things when it comes to CS. We've had reg servers, WC3 saved and fast xp servers, WC3FT saved and fast xp servers, deathmatch servers, funmap servers, weapons arena, and source servers. We a large and still growing community that has even given rise to at least one other (of which I am a proud member). The fact that WC3 alone now supports not just one but two thriving, growing, and well-based communities that I personally have played in and enjoy is proof enough that this mod isn't trash to everyone.

If you think the mod is trash however, then please stop insulting and degrading the works that the modders (my thanks to our recently resigned coder, Ferret) have strived so hard to make function within the realms of CS and the time that players, admins, and owners of servers alike have devoted to supporting this mod. It is unnecessary, childish, and it is this sort of behavior that turns me off from a community. And more important than what mod we play, it's community that makes CS great. It's a team-based game, so rather than ride your teammates for what they do, why not just accept it and move on?

Now I'm not the best quality of CS player, but I believe there is more than just skill to this game. There's character. If you forget your own personal character and personality, then who are you? You've merely degenerated into an assimilation of pixels who has lost all ettiquette and respect for other people. You have to remember, there are people behind these monitors.

However, I'm getting a bit off-topic. The point is, when people put forth a well-written, constructive argument, I'll take notice. Thanks to the two CSN staff members and Scanner for taking the time to do that. The rest of you just need to lay off.

Comment

Working...
            X