This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Tests HL2 Xbox

IGN was fortunate enough to play the Xbox port of Half-Life 2 in Valve's offices. Additionally, they conducted an interview regarding said port:
    Half-Life 2 was a massive game on the PC; 4 GB to be accurate. Attempting to bring such an enormous game to the relatively small Xbox, with its 8 GB hard-drive and its 64 MB of RAM, requires a huge amount of gusto and bravado, plus the technical chops to back it up. But we are talking about Valve, who continues to innovative, pioneer, and take creative leaps at every opportunity it can. So, it's not only possible, but the Seattle, WA-based developer is doing it — and plans to improve several areas to boot.
    If roaming the streets as Gordon with Xbox controller in hand is your fancy, then make reading this article a top priority.

wouldn't it make more sense to develope it for xbox2?

Comment

I finally played the HL2 demo, and except for a few graphical errors that I'm sure I could fix if I really wanted to, it was awesome, a lot like half-life but with insanely better graphics.

Comment

quit supporting valve and buy guild wars [/troll]

Comment

why would you want it on xbox when you could have it on pc?

Comment

blueflamedazn wrote..

wouldn't it make more sense to develope it for xbox2?
            Try reading the article before commenting on it becuase they answer that very question, my dear.

Comment

HitmanCodename48 wrote..

quit supporting valve and buy guild wars [/troll]
              Guild Wars forever! That's like my new drug. I don't know why but my Half-Life 2 spirit is kinda dying off and getting taken over by Guild Wars. Garry's Mod and Plan Of Attack won't change a thing either.

Comment

Why is a CS oriented website reporting on HL2 news? :O

Comment

Some_God wrote..

Why is a CS oriented website reporting on HL2 news? :O
                  CS is a mod for HL?

Comment

n1k23 wrote..

why would you want it on xbox when you could have it on pc?
                    2 reasons

first not everyones pc is good enough to handle it. Also the Xbox is cheaper than a good pc that could run it

second some people prefer the controller over the mouse and keyboard.

Comment

It's rather amazing how much co-efficient of loss there is in a non-closed development platform - the Xbox is little more than a Celeron 733Mhz and a higher end GeForce 3. I think it goes to show that roughly half of a modern gaming PC's power goes to waste. (which is inherent to the pitfalls/benefits of such an open system)

Comment

FightingChance wrote..

It's rather amazing how much co-efficient of loss there is in a non-closed development platform - the Xbox is little more than a Celeron 733Mhz and a higher end GeForce 3. I think it goes to show that roughly half of a modern gaming PC's power goes to waste. (which is inherent to the pitfalls/benefits of such an open system)
                        The one thing consoles have really going for them as far as technology goes. It's really easy to know where the limit is (and how to push it) when it's all the same hardware.

Comment

FightingChance wrote..

as true as this is, i'd still rather play fps games with a mouse and keyboard.

And if you stick your face right up to the screen so you can't see beyond the edge it's like VR GGOGGELLZ but cheaper.

AND THEN YOU BECOME GORDON FREMAN AND YOU'RE LIKE SPACE NINJAA!!!@

Comment

console games are good for people like me who have an old computer. Half-Life 2 won't even run on mine (works on my dad's) and CS 1.6 runs at 15-20fps but my PS2 lets me play my games at 60fps all the time. I do prefer the computer but the console is great if you have an old computer =)

Comment

Dangki wrote..

Try reading the article before commenting on it becuase they answer that very question, my dear.
                              Yeah I realized that after I posted. I dunno, I guess if I was the developer I'd wait until I hear more about the xbox 360 b4 jumping into development purely because I know that the xbox 360 will offer more resources for me to work with. Then again I guess Valve does want to show Halo 2 fans out there that HL2 truly is more amazing than Halo now that both are on Xbox. I bet thats why Valve started on xbox development so soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X