This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedat_Casus wrote..

tbh what the hell was the problem all VU did was allow cyber cafes to use valve games. Valve shouldnt be so greedy.
    I'm no lawer but my understanding is that Valve was suing for rights to control distribution of its games and to maintain its rights to license those games. I doubt the fundamental issue here is monetary in nature but rather that of Valve asserting control and ownership of its own intellectual property.

Comment

dammit they're still down!

Comment

KuRRupT wrote..

Does this mean ALL HL2/etc. VALVe owned games will now be thru steam as of August? No more publishers? Ever? Or are they going ot find a better publisher, thats all?
        Unless Cliffe is going to start gift wrapping CDs, they'll find someone else to box their games. While Steam is the wave of the future, there's no way Valve are going to stop selling at your local Best Buy, as fruity as they are, I believe they like money.

Comment

Eat it VU Games! Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Kudos Gabe!

Comment

by the way. why are you all saying congrats to valve when tehy aint really ever going to read the comments

Comment

its the thought that counts.

Comment

Its just like saying "The hitboxes still lag, dust sucks, cliffe packs a "glock", blah blah blah"...its nice to let it out, even though the chance of them reading this is as slim as cliffes glock.

And if they do read it...well, cliffe will probably have a snappy comeback or something.

Comment

You guys don't remember this article here at CSN?

Activision and Valve shake hands

That was April 4, 2003... dunno if it'll finally have some effect on things, or if that's an old agreement that more-or-less died in the process of this whole lawsuit.

Comment

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1114829195"]

Linux wrote..

Yes, it might be worth thing, but not sure. I'm kinda mad, because my friend's Cyber Caf'e has to now go and get new agreements now through Valve Aug 31 of 2005. So thats going to be odd, so hopefully they will give them same items and products at the same price and this whole lawsuit was not won for nothing.
                    The whole deal with cyber cafe's is that you're not allowed to use retail copies of any Valve game for commercial use in a cyber cafe.. So if you're gonna make money of Valve games you have to pay a monthly fee for it by getting a cyber cafe license ($10 per copy per month).. Retail copies are only for private non-commercial use..

Some may call it greedy, but in reality it's simply business.. You make money of a Valve product, Valve wants a cut.. Welcome to the real world!

Comment

Edited by [user="227846"] @ [time="1114830026"]

I don't think valve will make us buy games thru steam,they ain't stupid to lose half of customers who buys the retail.Maybe they distribute on their own?Afterall they been making millions of dollars from hl2

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

You guys don't remember this article here at CSN?

Activision and Valve shake hands

That was April 4, 2003... dunno if it'll finally have some effect on things, or if that's an old agreement that more-or-less died in the process of this whole lawsuit.
                        I think it would be pretty neat.

Comment

[CyW]-=BigBear=- wrote..

Some may call it greedy, but in reality it's simply business.. You make money of a Valve product, Valve wants a cut.. Welcome to the real world!
                          Thats a fair point, but what about those who make money by playing the games?

Comment

Working...
                          X