This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan of Attack for HL2

The first major Half-Life 2 mod has been released. The Plan of Attack BETA is available for download at your local Filecloud. Not totally relevant to Counter-Strike, but the the PoA team hired some very big and mean men to intimidate me.

Could be better. The weapons look like crap.

Comment

yay for mods! Very cool!

Comment

I don't care much for the weapons either, what is that leeeedle SMG in a few screens? Resembles a grease gun. :O

Doesn't seem to offer anything original, either. The U.S. forces vs. foreign forces is getting milked to hell. It'd be nice if someone came up with something newer that would reel in more attention. Sure it looks nice because of the HL2 engine. You could make ricochet on the HL2 engine and people would play it until something good comes out. HEAR MY PLEAS FOR ORIGINALITY!1111

Comment

First good HL2 mod I've played. Real potential here. Multiple objectives, leveling up, real good ideas. Can't wait for beta 2.

Comment

FL!P wrote..

HEAR MY PLEAS FOR ORIGINALITY!1111
            It is your team's chance to choose the objective this round, and you are selected as the player to make the decision. You're looking at the overhead map with all of the objectives, their rewards, and who controls them.
            Sounds pretty original to me.

Comment

This is..ok, but I like Hidden better. Its very very alpha but fun.

Comment

Scroto wrote..

Sounds pretty original to me.
                Yeah. I guess it is, but I wanted more of a different plot or something. You know, like natural selection or day of defeat. I overdid it with the comment, that's all. Was hoping someone would agree.

Comment

I do agree with the whole US vs the world thing, that is being milked by virtually every mod and retail shooter in development or publication.

Comment

it doesn't have a plot, and when i started a thread in their forums about how they should at least make the effort to come up with a logical paragraph explaining why and how the hell "The East" is invading the US, the PoA team and about 50 rabid fans told me to fuck off.

appended @ [time="1113809531"]

oh and btw, FortressForever will pwn you all.

Comment

HitmanCodename48 wrote..

it doesn't have a plot, and when i started a thread in their forums about how they should at least make the effort to come up with a logical paragraph explaining why and how the hell "The East" is invading the US, the PoA team and about 50 rabid fans told me to fuck off.

oh and btw, FortressForever will pwn you all.
                      lol

pwnt

Comment

HitmanCodename48 wrote..

not a fan, never played it, never been to the site before, took me about 3 seconds to find the plot

Comment

How come the files aren't released in .zip format? I dislike using .exe to install game mods.

Comment

Garry's Mod.

Comment

peagle wrote..

not a fan, never played it, never been to the site before, took me about 3 seconds to find the plot
                              holy shit. that's JUST been added. that hasn't been there and wasn't there the last time i visited the site. somebody posted something similar to that in the thread i started--probably where they got the idea. guess at least 1 person on the PoA staff isn't an asshole.

FortressForever is still going to pwn j00 ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X