This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPL Announces 1.6 Tournament

Due to popular demand, CPL announced a $50,000 Counter-Strike 1.6 tournament for their upcoming Summer Championships from July 6 - July 10 at Grapevine Texas.
    While the CPL is committed to Counter-Strike:Source, a large number of Counter-Strike teams remain loyal to CS 1.6 and have asked for an opportunity to compete at the summer event. The CPL realizes that many of those teams have given years of patronage to its events and has responded by offering them a CS 1.6 tournament.

Registration for the CS 1.6 tournament will open at 10:00 AM Central on Tuesday, April 19, 2005, and will be limited to 64 teams. Registration will close as soon as the 64 team limit has been met.
    Read the full news here.

Additionally, Amped spoke with Angel Munoz regarding this matter.

Great i am loyal to 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great i am loyal to 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great i am loyal to 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmm can we have a no fucking shit award to cpl?

You guys are indeed Retards..

Think anyone would go to source and shit away all the practice of 1.6

for a Horrible game like source... -_-

Comment

source needs a lot of tweaking before it is played by 'pros' - its still BETA in my eyes

Comment

gotfrag talked to him too...

http://gotfrag.com/cs/features/1328/

Comment

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1113515257"]

[SXE]Sgt. Pepper wrote..

source needs a lot of tweaking before it is played by 'pros' - its still BETA in my eyes
            No CS version ever left beta stages if you ask me.. CS 1.6 also still has plenty of bugs and exploits arround.. First CS 1.6 was the n00b version and CS 1.5 was the "pro" version, now it's CS:S v CS 1.6, it's never been different in the CS-community, always "hating" new versions/updates at first, but loving it later.. This time it's just a little bit worse because the new version requires buying a new game and also requires better hardware (the latest Steam survey shows that more then half doesn't have the hardware yet to run Source properly)..

Anyway, any smart CS "pro" team will go and compete in the CS:S competition instead of CS 1.6 at the summer CPL.. Because they probably will have more chance of winning $$$ in that then the CS 1.6 competition which will have relative more experienced teams in it, and CS:S has more prizemoney available anyway..

2005 = transision year for the "pro's" from CS on HL-engine (1.6) to Source..

Comment

Die 1.6, Die!

Between 1.6, CZ, and Source it really seems to be hurting CS as a whole with the players split across 3 games.

Comment

Buddah wrote..

Die 1.6, Die!

Between 1.6, CZ, and Source it really seems to be hurting CS as a whole with the players split across 3 games.
                Not at all in the competitive scene.

Comment

entRo wrote..

Not at all in the competitive scene.
                  Which one? Because all 3 version are played competitivly..

I would like to see CS return to 1 version only aswell.. Will probably happen in the future when the versions on the old HL-engine fade away, and Valve doesn't come up with some extra unneeded CS version on Source (like CZ:S) again..

Comment

Hardly any seriously teams play competitively in CZ, and there aren't many in CS:S. CS 1.6 is where it's at for competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X