This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life 2: Aftermath

Adding fuel to the previous rumors of a Half-Life 2 expansion pack in the works, comes word from the UK version of PC Gamer that an expansion pack is, in fact, in the works. An interview with Valve designer Robin Harper and writer Marc Laidlaw sheds a bit of light on the work in progress expansion.
    As Harper asserts in the PCG interview, the rationale is for the player to get a much greater sense of attachment to Alyx, after doing so much to introduce her in Half-Life 2: "It's kind of ironic that despite so much of the theme of Half Life 2 being about other characters and other people, you spent most of the game alone."
    The expansion may only be released via Steam, is said to start in the time period following the end of Half-Life 2, and will push for a stronger focus on Alyx throughout the game. Be sure and check out the entire article over at Eurogamer.

Update: According to this week's news update from Valve, a sneak peak will be shown next week for the upcoming episode.

MMM expansion pack. Good news it seems.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Robin Harper..

We think our customers want more of Half Life 2.
        Actually we want more cs-s content and updates, however as a hl2 expansion pack is worth more $$, I'll let your hunch guide you rather than some actual customer research.

Comment

Maybe the customer research team just blew their budget on mad weed and came back 2 months later with a sketchy report!

Comment

Stupid. Fix the game you have out numbskulls...

Comment

I hope that it's under 30 bucks and has about 6-10 hours play.

They need more people in there CS:S POD to fix the bugs! New models, better recoil and hit detection! Get that done 1st! Then maybe someone will trust them again!

Comment

CS:S fixes should go without saying. Oh, and the last patch fucked up more than it fixed. I mean an HL2 expansion is a good thing since Valve forgot about the whole story-driven gameplay theme thing in HL2.

Comment

Yeah, fix CSS tbh....

Comment

So this means Alyx doesn't die at the end of HL2 then.....

Comment

-=nPa=-NutSack wrote..

So this means Alyx doesn't die at the end of HL2 then.....
                      OR it could be a combine in an Alyx-fleshsuit tricking Gordon into doing shit for him so that the Combine can once again rule the world. In other words, gordon's being whipped.

Comment

Isn't the mod coming out a Golden eye mod.

Comment

just die.

Comment

I'll take an expansion for HL2, but they better give me as_oilrig for Source soon.

Comment

Different groups at Valve work on different areas.

Just because one group is working with CS: Source doesn't mean they take time out to work on this expansion.

Oh, and personally I'm greatly looking forward to this expansion. Loved the original HL2, and anything that expands upon it is a-ok in my book.

Comment

Working...
                              X