This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoA Manager Interview

Amped eSports continues their series of interviews with managers of top professional gaming teams. For this session, the manager of the CPL Winter 2004 victor, Team NoA, Gary "Siege" Sanchez, is in the spotlight.
    AmpedNews: Recently we have witnessed the split in the Counter-Strike community with Counter-Strike 1.6 and CS: Source. As of right now The CPL will be holding CS: Source tournaments, while ESWC will remain CS 1.6. No one knows if both of these events will work closer together so we don't see a split in the community, but if things remain as is what event will your team be attending and why?

We will most likely be attending ESWC for CS 1.6, unfortunately CS: Source — although it has the word "CS" in its name, is not comparable to Counter-Strike as we know it. It's a completely new game — that has been completed and still has too many issues in it to be used on a professional competitive level. The decision to use CS: Source in the upcoming Summer CPL before a season of CAL has even been completed seems pretty negligent in what the competitive community deserves.
    Click here to read this fine interview.

DCHozn!!!!!!!!!!! WHat the holy helll!!!!! I'm still reading the damn Heaton interview and you have posted 2 new news posts .... Rizzzuhhhh must be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly riding you r a$$or

Comment

plz die in a fire

Comment

God, I've been preaching this on the steampowered and gotfrag forums for so long, and many people agree with myself [and NoA]. Hopefully because a big name has said something about the severe work Source needs, CAL\CPL and perhaps VALVe will look into improving Source.

Comment

So tired of people saying "CS: SOURCE ISNT CS!!" ... regardless if they back it up with fact.

The differences between CS versions are all this way. Anyone can just say "Just because it says CS doesn't mean it's CS!", and anyone does!

Stop whining you pussies. Play some other game or something instead of being an e-rebel.

Comment

i agree with wuulfe, and sure css might need some work, havnt all new version of CS been the same way?? this is just more significant, these people need to get with the program.

and i could give a shit about what some manager has to say, hes in it for the money.

what a fool.

Comment

HACKER HELL STORM wrote..

and i could give a shit about what some manager has to say, hes in it for the money.

what a fool.
              Help me out here, but what else would a manager of ANYTHING be in it for?

Comment

Wuulfe wrote..

So tired of people saying "CS: SOURCE ISNT CS!!" ... regardless if they back it up with fact.

The differences between CS versions are all this way. Anyone can just say "Just because it says CS doesn't mean it's CS!", and anyone does!

Stop whining you pussies. Play some other game or something instead of being an e-rebel.
                Wuulfe, what these whinny bitches want is CS:S to have the same crappy recoil and hitboxes. Now 1.5 was the last best normal CS version, after that , It seems like it was tailored just for CAL.

Comment

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1106058952"]

doomhag wrote..

Wuulfe, what these whinny bitches want is CS:S to have the same crappy recoil and hitboxes. Now 1.5 was the last best normal CS version, after that , It seems like it was tailored just for CAL.
                  CS:S has virtually the same recoil and hitboxes as CS 1.6.. It's just the netcode that behaves a little bit different atm, but 90% of the CS players probably won't even notice it, they just all say something is wrong because everybody says it.. And that doesn't make CS:S a completely different game.. It still requires the same skill and tactics etc as in CS 1.6, it still uses the same gameplay basics etc, it's the same old game, periode! So anyone that says that CS:S is a completely different game is imho clueless, or a simplistic CS old version fanboy (which a majority in the CS-community is, especially these so-called pro's)..

There's only 3 things that CS:S still needs to be competitive ready:

1. VAC

2. More competition maps

3. Netcode prediction optimization

3 things is 'not' many issue's.. And I see the netcode thing the same as the old ex_interp issues in the old CS.. And did that stop competitive CS play? No it didn't..

Comment

Dirty Sanchez wrote..

The decision to use CS: Source in the upcoming Summer CPL before a season of CAL has even been completed seems pretty negligent in what the competitive community deserves.
                    Boo hoo. Fucking Mexican.

Comment

they shouldn't have chosen to use it in league play already, it still, like he said, has alot of issues, and has a huge difference in gameplay that cal should have given the players some time to get used to before changing.

and how has cs been tailed to cal? most of the "pros" and normal players can easily agree that 1.5 was the best, i mean cmon, it had NO lag, not like this steam bs.

Comment

doomhag wrote..

Newsflash: Duh.

You think they don't want it to be this way? You think the Purest of the Pure decided how the NFL arranged and rearranged football to be the game it is today? Please remove your head from the ass in which is resides, honestly... You can't have your cake and eat it too. In other words, pick one:

CS being a good game.

or

CS being a "sport" (don't argue with the whole 'Sport!' / 'Not a Sport!' thing, here... I'm using the term 'Sport' as a social event where money can be made.)

Of COURSE it's going to be tailored for strict league play, and GUESS WHAT, if a league is going to use it that way and make it the 'official' way, all the pubs will play like that too, because that's how hardcore it is. This is how it ALWAYS works.

Comment

The games still pretty much a beta, but the decision has been made to use the damn thing.

Change the way you play, learn to lead a target, and put down the AWP. And for God sakes quit makin such big ass posts.

Comment

Wuulfe wrote..

Of COURSE it's going to be tailored for strict league play, and GUESS WHAT, if a league is going to use it that way and make it the 'official' way, all the pubs will play like that too, because that's how hardcore it is. This is how it ALWAYS works.
                            LOL! so you think when Gooseman and Cliffe made CS beta 1, that they said to each other, "hey, let's make this game soley for pro leagues." screw CAL/CPL and screw anything that resembles 1.6. And it doesn't even come close to 1.6, not by miles. So YOU might get your head out your ass, it's a game that was meant to be for the average Joe.

Comment

doomhag wrote..

LOL! so you think when Gooseman and Cliffe made CS beta 1, that they said to each other, "hey, let's make this game soley for pro leagues." screw CAL/CPL and screw anything that resembles 1.6. And it doesn't even come close to 1.6, not by miles. So YOU might get your head out your ass, it's a game that was meant to be for the average Joe.
                              Are you a retard? Did I say it was originally created for league play? Dumbass, I said it's been tailored for it.

Christ, I love these self-righteous morons who can't read.

Comment

Working...
                              X