This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Rock Studios Helps VIP Mod

Over the past couple of weeks, SoopaFlyYT from Punk Ass Fraggers has been emailing Valve Software and the people over at Turtle Rock Studios back and forth in reference to the VIP mod (click for CS-Nation impressions).

MacMan, who originally created as_oilrig for Counter-Strike 1.6 and is now a level designer at Turtle Rock Studios, he pledged to help the mod by trying to get the code that would allow the VIP to be shown as a different color on the radar and show up on the scoreboard named as the VIP. There two features were originally thought to be impossible.

SoopaFlyYT has just got an email from Matt Campbell at Turtle Rock Studios with regards to the code:
    OK, there is already some minimal VIP code in there, so if a player is a "VIP" they get the red radar color that the bomb carrier does, and they get the "VIP" on the scoreboard. I'm going to put in a "cs_make_vip " ConCommand to let your plugin manage who is the VIP.

I don't know our release schedule right now, but I'll give you a heads-up when that command makes it into an update.
    Still have unanswered questions about the mod? Go to the PAF VIP mod site for more information. I must say, this is great news for the VIP mod, now our only question is: when will this mod be released?

Thats nice of them.

Comment

yes it was, VERY nice of them!

Comment

That is really cool of them... I mean, VALVe has a history of trying to help out the mod community some, but this seems like a step up from normal, and from Turtle Rock no less. Thanks once again to all involved... I'm really happy to see assassination mode finally make it to CS:S!

Comment

The Turtle Rock guys are awesome!

Comment

They really are. They already made awesome maps and bots, and this just shows theyre even more than badass programmers. Good stuff.

Comment

I've always liked those Turtle Rock people. They sure are swell.

Comment

Just for that, they get a one eyed smiley face !!!

.-)

Comment

Turtle Rock, will you have my children?

Comment

This is awesome Im really happy to hear this I mean way to go valve and turtle rock helping out the community.

Comment

Even though CZ came out, well, you know - Turtle Rock is still awesome.

Comment

they should change their name to Turtle R0x0rz Studios...b/c they r0x0rs </lame joke>

Comment

Woot for Turtle Rock Studios...notice the POTD...Turtles...EVIL Turtles...hmmmmm </Runs Away>

Comment

Anything chance VALVe will buy out the mod and hire the team? oOoOoOooooOOoo000oo0o0o0oo

Comment

Why has no one flamed Valve yet? Come on guys, this is CS-Nation!

Comment

Working...
                              X