Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for best mappers, people quickly forget one of the best, n0thing. R.I.P. I still swear cs_docks is among the best maps for pub play (barring the hostage changes).
    n0thing is overrated and his memory suffers from "elvis syndrome" - deification after death. Any Counter-Strike map that involves swimming is hardly a map at all.

Comment

Everyone knows the greatest mapper in the world is MikeJ.

/joke

Comment

I love DaveJ's style of mapping. I know I've learned a lot about mapping from reading his tutorials and suggestions.

His style has contributed to some of my map ideas.

Comment

It just seems like normal gamers really took respect to the amount of time and work that goes into making an awesome map... hopefully this will change that...

Ive been mapping for a few months, and this article has really inspired me to take my time and make something worthwhile

btw i <3 narby, without his tutorials, i would have never started

good article

Comment

Can you blame mappers for bad maps? Like, can you blame narby for inferno only becoming better when he isn't the one making the changes? It just seems like it is kind of hit and miss, but that would mean praise wouldn't really be justified either.

Comment

I liked n0thing's work...and was saddaned by his death. As for the water...CS is somewhat modeled after real life situations...I know that a lot of the worlds military and such swim to get to the enemy without being seen/easier.

Comment

CS is in no way modeled after real life situations. In no way shape or form.

The fact of the matter is, swimming and CS Gameplay don't mix. At all.

Comment

Pharlap wrote..

he got lucky with dust
                  are we all forgettin how much dust sucks .....

there was no luck there ... and i wouldnt say it sucks all the time

but i cant get away from that map !!!! stop playin it plz hehe

bad ;layout on dust !!! TOO over played

and and the kicker VALVE kills us bye only leting us play dust in CSS

stop the madness davej ... put a bomb in dust blow it up and lets never talk about it again

Comment

fsjk85 wrote..

now if we can only get aztec2
                    Bombed.

Comment

Edited by [user="8111"] @ [time="1096414122"]

Very nice Stuff from DaveJ

In the text he mentions he had dod_avalanche in mind all the time.

One team goes up the hill the other one defends. :P

DOD:Allies are moving up the hill to capture the city !

CS: T's are moving up the hill to plant to bomb

Interesting....

Like avalanche, you dont have to run very far

before you get pitched into action

Very good and fast paced map IMO.

Extraordinaire.

Comment

sienna is a pretty bad map imo, so not really too interested

Comment

asspennies wrote..

cs_docks was one of the best maps, the water added a kewl mix, most people didnt use it, but when someone actually did it made a huge impact on the round. cs_docks + colt w/ scope = *drool*

Comment

asspennies wrote..

Thanks for reaffirming my low opinion of you.

Comment

Buddah wrote..

Thanks for reaffirming my low opinion of you.
                              I think you're forgetting your original post:
                              Well I've given Dave J. a share of crap over the past couple years for dust and dust2. I still can't stand them, but on the flip side I enjoy cbble.... go figure.

As for best mappers, people quickly forget one of the best, n0thing. R.I.P. I still swear cs_docks is among the best maps for pub play (barring the hostage changes).
                              You said you thought n0thing was one of the best and yet he's most well known for the map that is the most hated in Counter-Strike, siege. You also like cobble and hate the dust series.

You probably also like backalley and Xenogears.

Comment

SteelV wrote..

sienna is a pretty bad map imo, so not really too interested
                                Why ?

Good looking , ambiance is great and its a fast paced map.

Comment

Working...
                                X