This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CS: Source Previews

There are two brand new, hands on previews for Counter-Strike: Source thanks to GameSpot and 1UP. Both the GameSpot article and the 1UP article focus on the playable CS: Source demo that was at this year's G-Phoria.
    One of the biggest draws at G4's G-Phoria this weekend was Valve's Counter-Strike: Source--a game that ironically seemed to overshadow the attention garnered by the company's own Half-Life 2, which was running on just a single demo station. Valve had a LAN set up so eager attendees could try out this new version of Counter-Strike, and a single map--the remade version of de_dust--was available. The level looked strikingly better than the original, but it still featured the same basic structure.
    This year's G-Phoria will air this friday on G4techTV.

Sweet.

Comment

MX510 or MS 3.0?? VOTE!

Comment

Lmao, In short, CS:Source is hella cool. (how professional of them

Comment

Umm that's kinda old.

Comment

yes! i have g4techtv.

Comment

Dust! Yay!

Comment

RavenGT wrote..

Umm that's kinda old.
                ... They were both posted 8/02/04 from the G-Phoria event on Saturday.

Click the links next time, thanks.

Comment

Zips wrote..

... They were both posted 8/02/04 from the G-Phoria event on Saturday.

Click the links next time, thanks.
                  I love you. CSN staff has never ending cockiness/wisdom/everything badass besides a pair of shades like terminator 8)

Comment

Guess this means de_dust for the beta too.

Comment

*Plays Doom III*

Hrm? Oh. CS-Source. *Waves hand* CS-Source-bla-Half-Life 2-bla-previews-bla.

There have been too many previews for me to care anymore. I'll get excited when I see the games on store shelves.

Comment

Said Dust was basicly the same?

Great. I waited all these years for a nice solid change and look, I get screwed over in the ass by "Better Graphics and Shit".

Comment

Now, you know if they HAD changed Dust too much, there would have been a silly outcry of "Dust is 1.6 was better....Source sucks".

Fact is, after 5 years of playing Dust, they could have left it off as far as I'm concerned. It's still popular to so many out there though that they HAD to keep it mostly intact.

I'm looking forward to BRAND NEW SOURCE MAPS made from the ground up!

Comment

cs:s beta will be cool, but.... why did they choose dust, why not dust2, or aztec, or train or nuke! ... even airstrip is better than dust!

Comment

yeah nuke on source would be awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X