This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said on AMX MOD X forums.

The fact that AMX MOD hasnt been open to the community, first by telling them development is dead, then coming out with a new version leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the project. I sincerely believe that AMX MOD updated in "spite" of the AMX MOD X project.

- BigBaller

Comment

AMX Mod-X has the sort of Documentation you would expect from a professionally run organisation, it at least appears on the surface to be run by people who actually know wtf they are doing!!

The fact that the AMX Mod-X program runs fairly cleanly, is another demonstration of the fact they might know what wtf it is they are doing.

Comment

BAILOPAN, when I said you have no idea what was meant is you do not know what we are planning for the future. The #2 in the chart is making assumtions that are not true. It would be like Ford saying "We are working towards better cars!" as if Chevy was not. Some of that chart is in fact about personal preference regarding how things should be organized or setup. I don't see either way better than the other, just different ways. Setting AMX up by default for the most popular (by far) mod may not be vanilla, but it's not nonsensical.

Muff99, I didn't come here with 'problems'. I posted after I saw a comment someone made attacking the AMX project. And my response was only to clarify. I have not responded negatively to anyone. I don't see the point in it.

Baller, AMX has done nothing out of 'spite'. I have better things to do with my time. God knows how many hours can be soaked into this game for anyone. It better have slightly better than 'spite' for a motive. There is no conspiracy here.

AMX will be open & AMX was never officially dead. Let me quote dJeyL from Jan '04 regarding the future of AMX:
        "Nothing has been decided yet (just because it's technically impossible to be sure of anything)."
        I can find no other comments after that date.

Comment

m0gely wrote..

Bloke, if you don't say something that anyone can understand, then you haven't said anything at all.
          I said "You failed your community". What word are you having problems with? My money's on 'community'.

Comment

The "how" part was what you failed to mention.

Comment

Godamit!

There's enough room for both plugin systems!

The AMX 0.9.9 release is a very welcome sight especially after such a long period of inactivity in the core development. Congratulations guys, good job!

That said, I use AMXX and I'm anxious for the new 0.20 release and I'm sure the the folks from AMXX will welcome the "competition", now they'll be even more motivated to build a better plugin system which, in turn, will motivate AMX to get even better.

BTW, I'm a linux user so version numbers mean nothing to me...

Comment

I don't understand the drama over this. Admin mod and amx mod coexisted at the same time as well, and they both remained just as annoying/popular for a long time.

My favorite is the "blood mod" where your blood drips through the floor/walls so people can see and shoot at you.

Comment

Edited by [user="173815"] @ [time="1091587338"]

Long live AMXX, fook off AMX. How lame. This makes absolutely no sense at all. Thats my intelligent commentary for the day.

Comment

MikeJ

its simple man, AMX stated development was over with, no more versions were going to be released. If AMX was more open to the community about this upcoming release and not announcing that the project was "dead" then I have reason to believe AMXX wouldnt even exsist.

P.S the gore mod is pretty nice.

Comment

Yea, I think it's kind of stupid AMX project was just continued, the reason for AMXX in the first place was because the AMX was announced dead.

AMX will never come close to the flexibility in every way that AMXX will become with a new release on August 7th so I think AMX was continued just because AMX was losing a foothold to AMXX. I mean look at the time, just 5 days before AMXX 0.20 was going to come out, it's obvious that was the reason and no one really cares anymore about AMX. See all the new plug-ins, they are being made on AMXX anymore, not AMX.

I'm just curious, why was AMX continued, give me a good explanation besides the point above.

Comment

kamikaze44 wrote..

Yea, I think it's kind of stupid AMX project was just continued, the reason for AMXX in the first place was because the AMX was announced dead.

AMX will never come close to the flexibility in every way that AMXX will become with a new release on August 7th so I think AMX was continued just because AMX was losing a foothold to AMXX. I mean look at the time, just 5 days before AMXX 0.20 was going to come out, it's obvious that was the reason and no one really cares anymore about AMX. See all the new plug-ins, they are being made on AMXX anymore, not AMX.

I'm just curious, why was AMX continued, give me a good explanation besides the point above.
                        see all the new plugins.... You mean see all the plugins which are already present on the amx forums being converted to run on AMXx? AMX has had 5 new plugins posted since the release of 0.99 .So your statement is incorrect.

AMX was created by OLO. It belongs to OLO. This release is made with the full knowledge and consent of OLO. The amxmodx team were given permission to take some of the code and go in their own direction which differed to that of AMX. People have different views and opinions and in the end a split is the only option.

AMX has the largest userbase of all the "admin" mods out there. Stopping development and support would be daft.
                        BigBallerAlwayz wrote..

MikeJ

its simple man, AMX stated development was over with, no more versions were going to be released. If AMX was more open to the community about this upcoming release and not announcing that the project was "dead" then I have reason to believe AMXX wouldnt even exsist.

P.S the gore mod is pretty nice.
                        To both of you, AMX never stated development of AMX was over. The AMXmodx team said that and it was in their interests to do so (pretty obviously). Development of AMX stalled but it did not cease. Some of the work in the current release began in January this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X