This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike Revamped for HL2?

Update: Although Counter-Strike's Source port is the first indication we've seen of Half-Life 2 multiplayer, it may not be safe to say that it'll be the only multiplayer component to ship with the game.

Shacknews, a reputable gaming news site, is posting information on the first Half-Life 2 multiplayer mode revealed... and it's Counter-Strike running on the Source engine!
    Half-Life 2 multiplayer is Counter-Strike on the Source engine and will be available at the same time as when Half-Life 2 ships. Counter-Strike gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much, if at all.
    Source is the highly advanced graphics mechanism behind Half-Life 2. By integrating it with Counter-Strike, Valve make a quantum leap in creating an immersive environment for the game we all know and love. Half-Life 2 also includes an impressive physics engine and one would speculate that this new CS iteration might include such a feature.

More information is set to be revealed in a Valve presentation this evening, and Shacknews are promising a video of this exciting new Counter-Strike development.

Woah.... I just hope I can run it.

Comment

that is crazy, i cant wait now

Comment

Edited by [user="41447"] @ [time="1084389443"]

aw cmon, i wanted to play half-life2 multiplayer..that's so stupid..i can't believe this crap

Comment

I was going to upgrade my machine next month, but I'll put it off for a while until HL2 and Doom3 come out.

Comment

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Comment

xlokix wrote..

aw cmon, i wanted to play half-life2 multiplayer..that's so stupid
              This doesn't mean that there won't be a standard HL2 multiplayer. I doubt Valve would pass up the opportunity to let us loose on a multiplayer game which involved the manipulator gun...

Comment

Edited by [user="41447"] @ [time="1084389865"]

wait so when hl1 is ported to the hl2 engine, all the physics and stuff are added to hl1, and hl1 will be hl2 deathmatch? im confused

i was just reading a post on shacknews about that

Comment

I'm confused har.

Comment

I'm going to hold off on commenting on any of this until the HL2 presentation tonight.

Oh wait, I just commented >.<

Comment

why would they make a standard hl2 multiplayer if they name cs as the hl2 multiplayer
                      YOU NEVER KNOW

Comment

*Longing Sigh*

I wonder if I lapse into a coma, if I can wake up right when HL2 and CS2 are being released later this year. I can't wait for all of this.

Comment

w000000000000000000000000000000000000t, me smells ragdoll physics for counterstrike, thats gonna be sooooooo fun especially on fun maps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They HAVE to mean in addition to, no way is there not going to be a multiplayer side to HL2... especially as that is one of the "sku"s.

Comment

*puts rain back in aztec*

Comment

Working...
                              X