This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike Training

As CSImmortals.com collapses wheezing to the floor, www.CounterStrikeTraining.com rises to take its place. Covering every aspect of CS tactics and skills, this site is a comprehensive introduction to the beautiful game, but it also provides material for the more experienced player.

Learn how to make a better clan, how to tweak the HL engine or how to make a CS movie, all at www.CounterStrikeTraining.com

hopefully less n00bs will spam the forums about tips & strategies now.

Comment

They should get some of the best players with each gun to write these tutorials. I'm sure there would be quite a few who are willing.

There is so many mistakes. Like with the AWP it says don't move your scope when firing or the shot won't go straight.

When waiting for someone to exit a door don't put your crosshair next to the door, leave a gap. Then why is it all the best snipers put their crosshair as close to the door as possible?

Comment

this is definitely for n00bs and the thing is outdated. i think the report was written using 1.5 as a base and them some parts edited.

Comment

CheesyPeteza wrote..

When waiting for someone to exit a door don't put your crosshair next to the door, leave a gap. Then why is it all the best snipers put their crosshair as close to the door as possible?
          It depends how fast your reflexes are. I leave a gap between the door and my scope, so I guess I suck.

Comment

I read over some Tweaks and I suppose some may be helpful. Although, it started to flop out towards the end. I was given a bunch of commands, no idea what I was supposed to do with them. It didn't say but I assumed I put them in my config.cfg but there was no spot for them. Yeah, they should be more specific.

I also read the AWP strategy and I've got to say, some stuff isn't right.

Comment

For the AWP thing it really depends on how fast your reaction time is. Since I'm kinda slow (compared to the pros), I leave a small gap between the crosshair and the door.

Comment

Thats another thing that was wrong. People don't aim right at the door because they have fast reflexes and can shoot them when they run out.

Sure the pros have fast reflexes, but not that fast. They still have to flick kill people running out the doors. Its just incase someone half moves out, you don't get raped cos its harder to hit half a person (whos already pretty much still and ready to shoot than it is to hit a full size body of a moving player.

Comment

this is all comming from a guy who uses custom models and min_models "0"

Comment

I read his "practice ideas" and "weapons" sections.

The person(s) who wrote this guide are grossly misinformed if they think they understand the mechanics of the game.

Much of the information is either completely wrong, or is how a nub understands the game.

Reading guides like this will only make you a worse cs player unless you have less then 6 months play time.

Comment

Hey it made me laugh :P I give it 10/10 for comedical value

Comment

ph33r.hell_raiser wrote..

this is all comming from a guy who uses custom models and min_models "0"
                        i do, so what?

its still the same fucking game. people use what they feel comfortable with.

Comment

The reasoning behind what pro's do and what you might do is explained like this.

When pro's play against pro's then where you aim at, the pro player that sticks their head out around a corner is not going to move very far out of cover, i.e. nothing like you see in pub play, they will just dart out then back in quickly, so your pro AWP'er is actually trying to catch that player as they retreat back into cover, moreover, yr typical pro AWP'er will have the skill to flick their AWP to whatever point another player moves to if they in fact move further out, this skill is why they are pro players.

On pub though, when a player shows themselves, they are usually going to come out and keep going, so it is in fact prudent to lead your cross-hair to the point where you would be shooting at taking into account your reflex time so you do not have to move your crosshair.

Comment

Working...
                          X