• Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be find me a cheat and u get HL2 beta

Comment

No, a HL2 t-shirt.

Thats what they always give away.

Comment

I have gotten banned countless times because of hack accusations. I dont even know what hacking looks like, its all about the sound, sound, sound

EDIT: I know what it looks like from spectator, but not from their screen

I have gotten banned countless times because of hack accusations. I dont even know what hacking looks like, its all about the sound, sound, sound

Comment

Edited by [user="198986"] @ [time="1081873331"]

#25 is a sucker i paid 15 or 20 for the half life pack thingy at frys

and I have too #47, too many people accusing people of hackin when they dont, seems that every time you are better than an admin they say HAX, and bam! you are gone

Comment

Mobius? wrote..

No, a HL2 t-shirt.

Thats what they always give away.
            I'll take one of those! T-shirts rock!!

http://bmcs.vze.com

Comment

Damnit, too late.

Comment

You know I can't get over how great this anti-cheat offensive has been. Offering a reward for referring beta cheats will pretty much insure that widespread hacking will go away.

Teh cheap little tools on the hacking site forums always say "there will always be cheaters," and that may or may not be true, but I think the point here is that now most "hackers" (they love to call themselves that don't they--does downloading a wallhack really make you a hacker?? I mean, c'mon...) will no longer be able to download their skills.

BTW, I only play pubs (since 1.0) and I've really noticed a completely different dynamic in the last week. The pace of the rounds is a lot slower for one thing, and the people with the highest kill ratios are actually skilled--they call tactics, make adjustments and basically act like experienced players. On the whole I've noticed people are a lot more cautious about running into choke points. Could this be because a lot fewer people can see through walls, etc?

Comment

purljam999 wrote..

EDIT: I know what it looks like from spectator, but not from their screen
                  Yea man - I've been accused of it before - I often go 30-4, hell the other day I was 50-9 on a server running cs_blitztowers. The one guy on there often just jokes about it, but there have been plenty of nubs who accuse a bunch of guys on there. I always tell them to just type /top10 or /top15. Then they shut up.

Then there are the days when I'm lucky to have a positive ratio...

I actually got banned once by a nub admin who died after I heard him running, and caught a glimpse of him running behind a corner on cs_militia. I shot him while running around the corner resulting in a headshot - instant ban - no scans, no warnings, just BAN.

Comment

Yea, I'm on 56k, and, while I usually don't get good scores, I still consider myself good; I usually end a game with a positive ratio, and I can sometimes get to the top of the list with like a 20-4 score, if I'm actually playing playing, not just screwing around. I've been called a hacker once or twice, but people usually leave me alone.

It's a good thing Valve is stepping up the VAC program a notch...it keeps all of us legit players playing for fun and not be paranoid about hackers ruining a game.

Comment

i'm guessing that valve is running out of gas for this cheat "cat and mouse" game. its going to be funny to see vac run into the leave rake in a few short weeks.

Comment

how exactly is valve running out of gas. looks to me like they have plenty of it

Comment

that they now have to resort to giving out rewards for people lying their way into cheat maker's teams to steal unreleased material (WHICH IS ILLEGAL BY THE WAY!!!). it's called corporate espionage, but they cant don anything since theyre not really a company.

Comment

nice, these guys are finally doing something about this issue

Comment

wolf8218 wrote..

that they now have to resort to giving out rewards for people lying their way into cheat maker's teams to steal unreleased material (WHICH IS ILLEGAL BY THE WAY!!!). it's called corporate espionage, but they cant don anything since theyre not really a company.
                              It's kinda illegal to even really make one, b/c you are supplying people with something that breaks the EULA...and the material can be released. Just only to like 3 people. They are called PRIVATE hacks...

Comment

wolf8218 wrote..

people lying their way into cheat maker's teams to steal unreleased material (WHICH IS ILLEGAL BY THE WAY!!!).
                                the legal system in the US is a bit fucked up. bit being an understatement. you can sue anyone/anything for anything, however tiny and insignificant.

Comment

Working...
                                X