This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Gamers on CS

Gamers.nu has featured an interesting article on what pro gamers feel on Counter-Strike today. Gamers such as moto from Team 3D, elemeNt from Schroet Kommando, vesslan, and others comprise this nice read. Although each have their own feelings, they all have answered a question concerning a possible "pro mode version" for CS. Here is a snippet of the action:
    Nope, of course it would be great fun, But I am afraid it will only split the Counter-Strike scene, just like what happend to Quake 3 scene, and eventually the scene will be so scattered that there is no real strong community where sponsors, developers and others can aim for. It will just kill it, but I do agree with that the game of Counter-Strike has to change quite fast to make it more spectator-friendly again. Us, the "pro" players, must keep in mind that it is all about the fans, otherwise there is no pro community.
    There are other interesting facts to be read in this feature, such as a rarely mentioned flash bug. Interested? Then, click here to read it all.

oh i hate that damn flash bug because when teams throw fifty (exaggeration) flash bangs and one cancels the other and they freak out saying you should have been flashed. also the people spectating now think you cheat or are under suspicion.

Comment

ive never had the flash bang cancelation bug, tho i have had dud flash bangs... maybe they are the same? whatever...

im glad to see there isnt such a huge move towards a pro mode. i dont agree with the pros coming out against steam, though they have valid points, many ppl just hate steam to hate steam and can now say "well element hates steam so it must be bad"

moto's talk of skill gap is a joke. if he means kill in general, agreed, but that definately doesnt ruine a game. How many of you would still be here if u never got a kill for the first 6 months of play?

Comment

I think he means when you get blinded by one flashbang (you see it directly), but then you get semi blinded by another flashbang (it explodes behind you etc.) straight after, and then you're only semi-blinded. Or something.

Comment

I didn't know about that flashbang bug... however, for me, Counter-Strike's randomness and its luck issues, which enable the noob to kill the pro, and the fact that tactical experience is a player's only real advantage, define CS. If it was all reduced to aiming skills and mere reflexes, CS would really be a DM game. Also, criticising CS's discrepancies to reality is absolutly pointless in my eyes, as the developers never ever claimed (afaik) that the game was about reality, though the graphical aspects do suggest that (but that's just part of the thrill, isn't it?). I agree that there could have been used a more complex method to counter bunny hopping, instead of the simple hop'n'stop.

Comment

Have to agree with the pistols. I cannot see the point in having a half random gun. You need consistency. If you are perfectly still with a big gap between shots, the gun should fire accurately.

Comment

CmdrFlesh wrote..

I didn't know about that flashbang bug... however, for me, Counter-Strike's randomness and its luck issues, which enable the noob to kill the pro, and the fact that tactical experience is a player's only real advantage, define CS. If it was all reduced to aiming skills and mere reflexes, CS would really be a DM game. Also, criticising CS's discrepancies to reality is absolutly pointless in my eyes, as the developers never ever claimed (afaik) that the game was about reality, though the graphical aspects do suggest that (but that's just part of the thrill, isn't it?). I agree that there could have been used a more complex method to counter bunny hopping, instead of the simple hop'n'stop.
              how does randomness make it not a deathmatch? If there were no bugs, it would still be based on tactics, except you wouldn't get lucky headshots when aiming at feet, and flashbangs would work all the time.

Comment

Comment

anywho, back on to the topic of tuna...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

KhAoS wrote..

how does randomness make it not a deathmatch? If there were no bugs, it would still be based on tactics, except you wouldn't get lucky headshots when aiming at feet, and flashbangs would work all the time.
                            I'm trying to say that the luckshots (and more importantly the luck-misses) make aiming skills secondary (or at least equally important) compared to tactical experience. If CS allowed for a headshot whenever a player manages to put his crosshair over an opponents head, we would see a lot more 'lone wolves' out there on FFA (yeah I'm a pubber, that might explain differences in our views) servers and teamplay would become less important. And I wasn't talking about bugs (they annoy me, too) or the disadvantaging effects of poorly performing hardware or internet connections. I was just relating to those things in CS that are obviously & intentionally random.

Comment

"Counter-Strike pros"

lol, thats a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X