This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l33t k1w1 wrote..

Hi. I'm the director of RS. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread over the next few days to get the general gist of things.

If you wish to mirror it/make torrents, feel free. Email me URLs and I will add them to the site.
    E-mailed.

Comment

Edited by [user="224367"] @ [time="1078521749"]

I've managed to get into the FTP and upload a fresh page with a much-needed mirror from ^.j()$h.^ (thanks). More 'donations' are always welcome.

Thanks for your further comments and your criticism. In fact, this is the most feedback I have received so far.

I will now address Nighthawk's points in turn (because I like doing this sort of thing):

1) The first 34 seconds were intended to have CS in-game audio, but was scrapped due to time constraints. It definatly would have helped set the ball rolling, but I am still kicking myself over this.

2) The wonders of lacklustre gear. There were about 12 other people in the Film strand that also required the equipment. It was pretty much 'make-do' with what you had for the time you had. Concerning syncing, I tried to fix that problem up the best I could, but time overwhelmed me in the end.

3) I caught the actors on a bad day.

Seriously, I made a bad judgement call. I had worked with the 2 actors on a couple other shoots and they really had some good chemistry. However, they never grasped the concept properly and my dialogue didn't help either.

4) I believe that is down to the encoding. This will be addressed if I get my hands on the submission tape.

5) He was using a Mac. It might've been difficult to get CS working on a Mac. Going back to point 1, it had to be scrapped because of time and I still kick myself over it.

The 'in-game' audio took lots of takes of the actors shouting the line out in the middle of the street/bedroom. Most of the time was spent on syncing footsteps and then realising they were the wrong steps, so I had to redo them. Facilities were also tight with many a time when I was kicked out the campus.

RS failed because I was trying to aim it at gamers. If I had the time, I would have expanded the audience, but I am mainly happy with the end result. I still have the raw footage, so there might be a possibility of an Ultimate Edition.

alien23 - I cannot really recommend any NZ film schools. There is one planned for Massey University and there are a couple polytech papers out there, but with the success of LOTR I expect there to be a lot of them popping up over the next couple years. However, I will plug the Southern Institute of Technology's Bachelor of Digital Media Programme (www.sit.ac.nz). We even have the sound editor from Good Will Hunting.

Comment

I see, so not really so much "two weeks of editing" as "editing for parts of a two-week deadline" or something along those lines. So it goes.

But yeah, if you ever get the time and/or interest to put out a smoother version from whatever film you have (and mainly more editing time), do let us know.

Comment

oh man that deserves a d-, what a lucky sob.

Comment

Working...
          X