This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs economics

Sublyme (CAL-m) has written an excellent article/strategy guide for all of you CAL teams out there. Counter-Strike Economics looks at how teams should be able to avoid save rounds, even while losing some rounds. Naturally, with some of the more recent economic changes within CS, competitive teams may need to read up on how to effectively use strategy with money rather than just strategy with rushes. Here's a quick preview of what's inside the article:
    Obviously, certain routes and attacks are best performed with certain weaponry. If you have won the previous round, but a man has under $3600 as a Terrorist, it's generally a good idea to have him purchase a Desert Eagle and armor/helmet. The reasoning behind this is that your team of 4 with weapons and armor will, in all likelihood, kill some enemies. The Desert Eagle user has a powerful pistol and full armor. He should, then, stand a chance to pick up the weapon of a dead enemy or teammate.

For the CT side of things, players should go with the Desert Eagle combination if they are under $4400. The reason behind these numbers is simply for the fact that without armor it might very well be a waste of money to get a real gun. Usually, however, the richest player will buy a gun for the poorest. It all depends on the amount of money the team has or whether the poor player feels comfortable with a Desert Eagle. The choice, of course, is yours.
    Check out the article here. And keep in mind that the audience for the article is CAL teams; info contained in this article will be pretty useless to those who play mostly on public servers.

Edited by [user="55326"] @ [time="1074468981"]

Awesome write-up Sublyme. Very useful (especially with the crack team of tards that i play with).

lol

Comment

I should mention this article is aimed towards the teams new to competitive counter-strike who don't necessarily have common sense yet, but instead play pug style every scrim.

Comment

GAHH i dont wanna THINK when im playing CS...

Comment

No offense but i find it amusing that you, the money manager, are the least scoring member of them all. just funny to see (i realize that score is what matters and not ur K ratio, as well as how ur teammates makeup for ur hurting score in exchange for ur gun sacrifices) STILL FUNNY :X

Comment

If I have 4400 as CT or 3600 as T I buy full armor, ak/m4, and go from there. 4400 gets you full ammo so you can do defensive spamming with colt and 3600 buys one clip for ak along with full armor so you can easily attack. As a CT it's not as crucial that you have nades so much that you have a good gun for stopping rushes and taking back sites. Even if you have 4000 as CT you don't need a helmet quite as much as a terrorist needs a helmet if you think they're not saving(if they are saving then by all means, go deagle with full armor). A deagle as t isn't a bad idea though but as ct it generally isn't a good idea on a gun round.

Like you said, it's just how you feel with what guns and personal opinion. Good article, it should help quite a few of the csnation readers who are just starting out with clan play(and no better time than just before the first match of the CAL season).

worst. article. ever.

Comment

nice work sublyme. you make the cal-o clans proud.

Comment

Edited by [user="2072"] @ [time="1074473006"]

loki` wrote..

No offense but i find it amusing that you, the money manager, are the least scoring member of them all. just funny to see (i realize that score is what matters and not ur K ratio, as well as how ur teammates makeup for ur hurting score in exchange for ur gun sacrifices) STILL FUNNY :X
                what do you mean? take a look at the esm scrim

vvvv gumplunger, I think gpig was kidding :P

Comment

Edited by [user="55326"] @ [time="1074475126"]

Gpig wrote..

Good article...
                  Gpig wrote..

worst. article. ever.
                  i'm confused. edit: oh wait, i get it now. just wasn't very funny to my extremely sophisticated sense of humor. lets talk about poop jokes. thats funny.
                  loki` wrote..

No offense but i find it amusing that you, the money manager, are the least scoring member of them all. just funny to see (i realize that score is what matters and not ur K ratio, as well as how ur teammates makeup for ur hurting score in exchange for ur gun sacrifices)
                  Actually, he was 5th out of 5 in one of the screenshots and even in that one you can see he was about the get +3 onto his score. Therefore, what you said has no justification. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Comment

*Sigh*

"As a Terrorist do NOT buy MP5—the Galil's benefits far outweigh the MP5 now."

Not the point. Some teams still will buy the MP5 because if one guy dies and loses his gun to an enemy its not as big of a deal when its just and MP5...if its a Galil well then the other team has a better opportunity to take out other people on your team and they have a better chance of winning the round. Sure in some positions that you can play the Galil would be better because it would be hard to retrive the weapon under most situation.

I just find that this article is too one dimensional; It's not very analytical.

Not a bad read though I guess for those who have no idea what they're doing when buying guns though.

Comment

`1ne, it's just my opinion that you shouldn't buy an mp5 if you know you'll only be throwing it down in a round or two. If you do that, it has no value at all in later rounds, so it's like throwing away money. Whereas the Galil, which is still affordable, is accurate, a rifle, and can penetrate walls, can be used for rounds on end, or throughout the entire game, with no negative effect. This article is about economics, so it's about getting the most bang for your buck.

Comment

I hate you and I hope you will become infertile and bald.

Comment

DocUK wrote..

I hate you and I hope you will become infertile and bald.
                          harsh. . .

good read, sublyme

Comment

its... tu hablas ingles? just fyi

Comment

Deagle really isn't that bad, I'll use it all the time on public servers and kill half the enemy team, it's a powerful gun for long range and close range.

Comment

Working...
                              X