This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.5 Server Update

No, you have not gone back through time. VALVe seemed to have updated the HL 4.1.1.1/3.1.1.1 server series, and managed to fix the security hole in the X.1.1.1 servers. What does this actually mean? Well, it is now safe to put sv_allowdownload from 0 to 1! For the full info on this update and some download links, click right over here.[break]Changes/Additions:

------------------

* Added list of file extensions that cannot be downloaded with the dlfile command. The exclude list is currently: .cfg .ini .bat .exe .vbs

.com .dll .lst .log. This prevents the published dlfile exploit.

Bug Fixes:

----------

* Fixed incorrect time base being used for client prediction on server.

Valve does care. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but it may be that baby bunny I just ate. >

Comment

Damn, I am surprised they're still putting updates out for 1.5! But, it was greatly needed! Haha, no more snaggin rcon's anymore!

Comment

Mr. Poophead wrote..

Valve does care. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but it may be that baby bunny I just ate. >
        rofl... u pwn

Comment

i already switched to steam, so this doesn't affect me obviously. ;]

Comment

Steam sux! Go Won!

Comment

this is sad. valve sould be concentrating on getting cz out and hl2 finished. the five people who didn't migrate to steam are obviously twelve years old and have no idea steam exists, and didn't download it. what makes valve think they're going to download this?

Comment

Valve have realised that some people still use WON and want to prevent them from being exploited. Alot of old mods still will only work with WON. There is nothing wrong with updating an old platform until steam is ready.

Comment

Its not ready yet? I think its fairly good now.

Comment

GhettoHistorian wrote..

this is sad. valve sould be concentrating on getting cz out and hl2 finished. the five people who didn't migrate to steam are obviously twelve years old and have no idea steam exists, and didn't download it. what makes valve think they're going to download this?
                    Your five people : 23386

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/...cgi?nosteam&1

Comment

boohoo 1.5 was the worst version yet and im glad its gone 1.6 is soo much better minus steam steam is just plain annoying most of the time but anyone one who petitioned too keep 1.5 must be slow thinkerz

wow a whole 23000 ppl out of what 1 million mabey thas a drop in a pond and i bet 22000 of those ppl are using steam heh

Comment

I use 1.5 but have STEAM - the reason being that STEAM fails to work!!

Every time I try to log in if won't recognise my password.

Also I'm on 56k (someone wanna lend me £100 to pay setup fee for BB?)

so I'm not re-downloading it!!

PS Merry Christmas everyone!!

Comment

buy a pc game mag with a cover disc for a few "bucks", there we go, no need to DL steam over your slow connection.

Comment

Gooch_GrG wrote..

boohoo 1.5 was the worst version yet and im glad its gone 1.6 is soo much better minus steam steam is just plain annoying most of the time but anyone one who petitioned too keep 1.5 must be slow thinkerz

wow a whole 23000 ppl out of what 1 million mabey thas a drop in a pond and i bet 22000 of those ppl are using steam heh
                            Please don't post again. Idiot.

Comment

"bucks"? I'm English!

I also tried the version found on PCG, which turned out to be the same version - its frikkin annoying

Comment

Working...
                              X