This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Steam Update

Steam News is reporting that a new update is available for Steam today. It fixes a problem that some users were having when they started up Steam. As usual, you will need to restart Steam in order to download and install the update automatically.
    After yesterday's release, Steam was crashing for some users on startup. A fix for this problem has just been released. When you restart Steam, you'll automatically download the fixed version. As always, let us know if you run into problems.
    The previous solution to this problem was to delete the "ClientRegistry.blob" file in your main Steam directory. This process also solved problems with Steam in the past.

Thanks for the heads-up from SteelPriest.

Small Steam Update

Steam has once again been updated. This time, it is a very minor localization update, and only affects non-English versions of what we all know and love, Steam. Here is the full statement from Erik Johnson himself.
    There has been a small update released to Steam this evening. This release only affects the non-English versions of the game, where there were a few lines of text that were incorrectly being shown in English.
    Should this update apply to you, simply restart the ever reliable client as usual, and receive this small, yet helpful update. Do you love clicking? Then you should definitely click here for the entire details.

Comment

Small Steam Update

A very small update was released tonight for Steam. Restart your clients to grab this update.
      • Corrected problem preventing Asian, Russian, Thai, and Japanese Windows ME users from seeing proper text.

Comment

Small Steam Update

There was a small Steam update released earlier tonight.
        • Fixed clients being able to kick other clients from a server
        Just restart your Steam client to grab this update.

Comment

Small Steam Update

There's been a small update for Steam released tonight.
            Steam Client and Source Engine

• Fixed a number of connection problems to the backend of VAC2 (Valve's anti-cheat technology for game servers). VAC2 currently only runs on servers in the beta group, but will be active for all servers very soon.
          As usual, restart your Steam clients to grab this update.

Comment

Small Steam Update

There was a very small update released tonight for Steam. The update fixes a problem many users were experiencing when setting up a listen server.
              Source Engine

• Fixed "steamclient.dll not found" error when running a listen server with LAN mode disabled
            As per the usual, restart Steam to grab this update.

Comment

Looks like a double platform update. It went to 100% twice on startup.

Comment

Ritchey007 wrote..

Looks like a double platform update. It went to 100% twice on startup.
                yeah i got that too.

I would like to know how people find the solution to these things when they are not affiliated with the creaters of the program at all... HOw would you know, or even think of trying to delete that blob file to fix it?

Comment

I think it had fixed similar problems in the past, so someone tried it and it worked. Maybe?

Comment

search the steampowered forums..

Comment

.b0w. Bushwacker wrote..

yeah i got that too.

I would like to know how people find the solution to these things when they are not affiliated with the creaters of the program at all... HOw would you know, or even think of trying to delete that blob file to fix it?
                      trial and error...

Comment

what's the difference between a single platform update and a double platform update?

Comment

THIS WONT WORK!! i just tried downloadinng it and it says that it cannot intalize the installation beacause it didnt get enought recources or something like that. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Comment

they are so considerate

Comment

dynamic crosshairs for the aug/sig seem to be in affect already. i must have been in a coma when that got changed....i dont remember reading about it going into affect. anyways, good times.

Comment

Working...
                              X