This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Xbox Review

Tom's Hardware has recently reviewed Counter-Strike for the Xbox. The rather lengthy, yet informative, review addresses the question if this is Microsoft's attempt in milking CS for money, or if it's simply one of the premiere action games of this year. The review addresses every aspect of the game, and here is snippet:
    The online component of CS Xbox is without a doubt the most enjoyable aspect of the game. While we've already discussed aspects of this earlier, it is necessary to elaborate on a number of points. Firstly, if you thought that the level of team work was high in the PC version, you're going to love Xbox Live. Here, every person you meet has access to a headset and thus, formulating strategic attacks is infinitely easier.
    There is much more to be read, so therefore if you have an Xbox, this great review should be of high interest to you.

I think CSX and CS are pretty even, they both have pros and cons

CSX Pros:

- Improved graphics

- Cheat-free

- New maps

CSX Cons:

- No mouse or keyboard

- A little bit harder to buy items

CS Pros:

- Better controls (duh)

- MORE downloadable contents

- The original thing!

CS Cons:

- Crappy graphics

- Crappy sounds

- Other crap

Comment

CS Cons:

- Cheating

Comment

LOL. I guess Sony isnt greedy for milking all its franchises? ROFL. Nintendo too, theyre so damn original; they never milk Zelda, mario or Metroid.

Oh man, get real, Microsoft is in it to greedy/make money - not impress Toms hardware ROFL.

Comment

CSX Cons:

- No Split Screen

That pisses me right off. I wanted to play split screen with my bro and we couldn't. Oh well. I mean, they did it with Unreal Champ, why not CSX?

Comment

RavenGT wrote..

<revised>

I think CSX and CS are pretty even, they both have pros and cons

CSX Pros:

- Improved graphics

- Cheat-free

- New maps

- Eye dialation <stevo>

- Grenades distorting sounds <stevo>

- Faster than my computer... I have no lag on Xbox Live CSX. Tons on my computer... <stevo>

CSX Cons:

- No mouse or keyboard

<stevo> I think the joysticks are just as good once you get used to them... i have csx myself and am used to the controls.

- A little bit harder to buy items

<stevo> it's faster than pc if you don't know how to make buy scripts on pc...

- You can't type messages and obviously you can't talk at the same time as everyone else. <stevo>

CS Pros:

- Better controls (duh)

- MORE downloadable contents ~~CSX will have the option available soon. <stevo>

- The original thing! ~~That's what they said about 1.5 when 1.6 came out... consider.. <stevo>

CS Cons:

- Crappy graphics

- Crappy sounds ~~Sounds are cheesy but more affective...

- DELETED <stevo>

- HaXoRz! Valve Security Module alone on Counter-Strike 1.6 has caught about 15 hackers in the last few weeks on one server i play on alone! IMAGINE hlguard is 50x better than VSM <stevo>

- You need a good computer where as everyones' Xbox is same speed. <stevo>

~~ADD IF YOU WANT!

orphy wrote..

CSX Cons:

- No Split Screen

That pisses me right off. I wanted to play split screen with my bro and we couldn't. Oh well. I mean, they did it with Unreal Champ, why not CSX?
            hahaha :-p All my friends have an Xbox and I have a cable router...

Comment

Azz0r wrote...

LOL. I guess Sony isnt greedy for milking all its franchises? ROFL. Nintendo too, theyre so damn original; they never milk Zelda, mario or Metroid.
              Microsoft milks CS. Mircosoft = Farmer. CS = Cow.

Nintendo milking Zelda is a Cow milking itself (or part of itself).

Slight difference in imagery. But thank you for my weird thought of the day.

Comment

orphy wrote..

CSX Cons:

- No Split Screen

because 'the engine sucks' or something.

Comment

Jesus advertising Christ, that was like 20 pages long from all the advertisements.

Comment

I'm waiting for EGM and Game Informer to review CSX.

Comment

-=]PM[=-ColdBrand wrote..

Jesus advertising Christ, that was like 20 pages long from all the advertisements.
                      I go to Tom's Hardware all the time. I don't mind the adverts because I acknowlledge the fact that they provide a free service.

I thought it was a good review, and I agree, a split screen mode would've been fun. Maybe even as fun as driving around split screen in a jeep playing halo.

Comment

Or you could take it from me that it kicks ass. Like I said, the only problem is the lack of split screen. The online play is amazingly fun. The headset is great, because it forces eveyone to communicate better than on the computer. And when you're dead, you can talk to every dead person, so it's a good system. I for one love it.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about split screen, I think that'd be fun too. No wait, playing split screen ONLINE would be wicked!!! One guy goes on T and the other guy goes on CT. The T is dead and can tell his friend where the enemies are hehehe.

Comment

CS Pros - The best multiplayer game ever made

CS Cons - none, except hackers.

CSX Pros - good graphics

CSZ Cons - Way it fails to live up to the Counter-Strike name

Comment

kodt wrote..

CS Pros - The best multiplayer game ever made

CS Cons - none, except hackers.

CSX Pros - good graphics

CSZ Cons - Way it fails to live up to the Counter-Strike name
                              And how does it not live up the the CS name?

Comment

Working...
                              X