This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Hack Demteam

A new project has been launched at Counter-Hack which aims to help the community in reviewing demos of suspected cheaters.
    Because of the public outcry and the amazing amount of demo submittals we have received this past year; we have decided to start a demo review team just for you. Counter-Hack Demo Team (CHDemTeam) will be taking demos, preferably from leagues, and reviewing them for any suspicions that you, or your league, may have.
    The official launch date of the Demteam is scheduled for Jan 1st 2004, so be sure to periodically check Counter-Hack for the latest news and updates.

Leave demo viewing to the league itself. I'd hate to be called a hacker by random people who probably suck at the game themselves.

Let's hope they have no influence over anything CAL would do.

Comment

Are they "demo viewing experts"? Do they have guidelines? Is it computerized (BCS anyone?)?

Or is it a bunch of guys saying, "dude, there is NO WAY he could have done that", because we all can do that.

Comment

I think this is a good idea as long as they only have people that know what they are doing. I suspect it will end up failing though, leagues can review demos themselves and then come to their own conclusion instead of trusting an outside group of people that might be influenced by the monies or anything else.

Comment

I think a - Thanks to Halflife_84|CH is in order for the news

Counter-Hack's PR guy

Also - All Demo reviewers must complete a extensive 15 demo trial during which the reviewer must get a 100%.

Failing to do so will end in the person not joining the team.

Comment

#1 Chances are Counter-Hack are not going to pick staff who "probably suck at the game themselves"

Comment

Jason X wrote..

I think a - Thanks to Halflife_84|CH is in order for the news

Counter-Hack's PR guy

Also - All Demo reviewers must complete a extensive 15 demo trial during which the reviewer must get a 100%.

Failing to do so will end in the person not joining the team.
              Sounds like a good plan, but once they get in what happens? Are they re-tested often enough with new demos to make sure that they didn't pass the first set of 15 demos by chance?

Comment

We have lots of strict rules and crap to follow, when it goes official you will have the full details, we are still working on the fine details, such as that...

:-P

Comment

viewing demo won't solve the problem. itt's to easy to hide.

We need good anti cheat program to find the hackers with out any douts, So valve get ur fucking ass working on VAC instead of releasing new mods to steam like NS and making weekly almost useless updates.

ty good night

Comment

Well, i wish you luck with this new idea, it sounds like it could work great if it is handeld well but one little mistake by an official demo reviewer and the whole thing will go down the drain and will have no more credibility.

Comment

lol a viewing demo team ! woohoo ..... yeah yeah ogc version 89,4342 full duplex will be release betwen time. pathetic ...

Comment

gobd wrote..

Well, i wish you luck with this new idea, it sounds like it could work great if it is handeld well but one little mistake by an official demo reviewer and the whole thing will go down the drain and will have no more credibility.
                        Thanks for the luck!

Thats kinda why we need to be sure of our reviewers before hand, and keep ontop of things.....

Anyway..... another thing you might wanna have some fun looking forward to will be -- HOPEFULLY another Counter-Mole, based in the United States....

We will have lots of things to do, like the demteam, and hopefully once it's up and running we can get the next Counter-Mole going.

Till then, join us in #counter-hack on gamesnet, or visit the site!

www.counter-hack.net

Comment

Excellent idea, I have always maintained that server admin communities should have juries, which can review suspect demos, and ban +people from their networks, this goes for all sortrs of hacking, cheating exploiting and antisocial behaviour.

AviReX wrote..

lol a viewing demo team ! woohoo ..... yeah yeah ogc version 89,4342 full duplex will be release betwen time. pathetic ...
                          You are not constructive or helpful at all, you assume too much, and without making any valid contributon to the system you dain to critisize the people who deliver the game and are wokring to wards anti cheat. Again the arguement arises, what company would continue support for a game that is as old as cs, especially with HL2 and CS 2 around the corner_?

Grow up and unless you can DO anything about cheats, then sssh, the weekly updates are not useless, and Steam and CS is a hell of a lot better than when I first started playing.

Comment

AviReX wrote..

viewing demo won't solve the problem. itt's to easy to hide.

We need good anti cheat program to find the hackers with out any douts, So valve get ur fucking ass working on VAC instead of releasing new mods to steam like NS and making weekly almost useless updates.

ty good night
                            umm they don;t really work on NS... the NS team works on it they just release it... But vac is good, unfortunatly the hackers are better

Comment

Edited by [user="80557"] @ [time="1071397828"]

sorry but reviewing 15 demo's isn't anything.

you need people with experience in the clan scene and people who are skilled in the game. that's not to say someone who sucks can't tell who's hacking and who isn't, but someone with more skill is more likely to know what skill actually is and wont go screaming "hacker!" on random/really good shots.

Another good selection would be from ex-cheaters. why? because having experience in cheating allows you to look at it from a different perspective. i'm not talking about knowing what cheats do and how they work, but people that have actually used them for some time and have since turned clean.

but i still think it's a really bad idea. i dont care if you guys watch pub demo's and help admins decide if someones cheating, but forcing yourself into the clan scene like that is horrible and you guys are going to fuck up which is also going to fuck somone else over. Please, leave it to the leagues, they are more than qualified and are already doing what you are planning to do. you wont be helping leagues in any way, i promise you that.

I think anti-cheating is great, but counter hack is going about this in the wrong way. i obviously dont have any hard facts, but there's alot of possibilities and risks involved and i hope you guys make the right decision..

Comment

Working...
                              X