This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL-i Season 9 Week 3:1 Wrap up

Last night marked the 5th match of CAL-i's 9th season. There were several surprising wins that almost nobody anticipated and of course some easy wins by the top teams.[break="For full commentary click here"]TSG over TEC - (14-10) (7-5 TSG as CT)(7-5 TSG as T)

In what most would call the match of the night the revamped lineup of TSG took out TEC winning 7 rounds on each side. TSG started slow finding themselves in a 3-1 hole early during the first half. But after 2 straight rounds where 1 TSG member killed 3 members of TEC to tie the score, Volcano took it on himself to prove that he belongs in this star-studded lineup. In the 7th round, Volcano single handedly killed all 5 members of TEC within seconds. After taking the lead due to Volcano's heroics, TSG never looked back and cruised to a 14-10 win.

Agent over RDW - (14-10) (3-9 Agent as CT)(11-1 Agent as T)

It took Agent five matches and a brilliant t side to finally get their first CAL-i win but they finally did it. Agent finally showed why they were moved up with their performance as terrorists. Will they be able to build on this momentum? Or is this just a fluke?

3D over 1hq - (18-6) (8-4 3D as CT)(10-2 3D as T)

No surprises here as 3D easily took out 1hq. 3D remained undefeated, pushing their winning streak to five straight. 1hq has won a couple matches, but without more preparation and activity, making the playoffs will be an uphill battle for them.

TAU over Gamewyze - (16-8) (6-6 TAU as CT)(10-2 TAU as T)

TAU easily won this match against GW. After a close first half as ct TAU really went after GW and won 10 of the last 12 rounds. With the addition of Da Bears from TEC, look for TAU to make a run for the playoffs even after their disappointing start.

xeno over e7 - (15-9) (10-2 xeno as T)(5-7 xeno as CT)

Are we finally seeing the xeno of last season? After winning 11 games last season, xeno has been less than impressive in season 9. This commanding win over e7 is definitely going to turn some heads. A few weeks ago e7 was a team that could not lose, but after stumbling against Pinnacle last Monday, they seem to have become human again.

Pinnacle vs MurK - Rescheduled

LgD over GB - (13-11) (6-6 LgD as CT)(7-5 LgD as T)

As expected a very close match between two teams that will be fighting to make the playoffs. LgD just barely edged out GB in this one winning by just 2 rounds. Look for both of these teams to pull off some upsets later in the season.

DeadZone over zEx - (18-6) (10-2 DZ as CT)(8-4 DZ as T)

The new lineup of zEx finally stumbled against DZ. After winning just two rounds on the advantaged terrorist side, zEx's fate was pretty much sealed. This is a very commanding win for DZ so let's hope that they can keep this up.

shock over BiO - (16-14) (7-5 shock as T)(5-7 shock as CT)(4-2 shock in OT)

This is as close as BiO has come to a win this season. Though they could not pull it out in OT, BiO did give shock a run for their money. Shock improved their record to 4-1 but have had one of the easier schedules so far.

Eminence over hs - (16-8) (11-1 E as CT)(5-7 E as T)

Hs is yet to win a match and it showed last night as Eminence easily took this one. This is a good confidence booster for Eminence after their close 13-11 loss to TSG last week. As for hs, this was a better performance than in their last match where they lost 21 of 24 rounds.

u5 over mV - (15-9) (9-3 u5 as T)(6-6 u5 as CT)

The CAL-m move up, United 5, has proven why the deserved the spot in invite. Yesterday, they won their third straight match and remained undefeated as they took out a competitive mV team. If u5 can continue their success thus far, look for them to take the Omega division crown away from zEx.

WEW over LaR - (19-5) (8-4 WEW as T)(11-1 WEW as CT)

Easily winning both sides of the map WEW showed that they can still play. Blowing out one of the weaker CAL-i teams is not much of an accomplishment, but WEW came into the match with just one win, so a win like this must really be a good confidence boost.

SYB over Cc - (14-10) (9-3 SYB as CT)(5-7 SYB as T)

It took an amazing ct performance from SYB to overcome Cc in this one. Cc has fallen to 1-4 for the season and does not look like one of the teams that will even make a run for the playoffs.

ICE over TSO - (14-10) (6-6 ICE as CT)(8-4 ICE as T)

TSO has really been struggling this year still having just one win. Their loss to a mediocre ICE squad is their latest setback. Nothing seems to be going TSO's way as this is a match that they would have won easily last season. If they want to have a chance at the postseason TSO has to start winning soon and often.

Rival over nerve - (19-5) (11-1 Rival as T)(8-4 Rival as CT)

Rival is still undefeated and seems destined to easily win the Theta division. None of the other teams will be offer much competition for Rival. As long as they do not repeat what GX did earlier this season, we can expect Rival to go far this season.

EG vs 3DO - (17-7) (6-6 EG as CT)(11-1 EG as T)

3DO failed in their first tough match of CAL-i. They won their first two matches after getting moved up, but yesterday was not their day. EG used their 12 rounds as terrorists as well as any team could have out there. Winning 11 of those rounds, securing the match along with their 4th win of the season. Note: EG-Stevenson AKA bl00dshot had an amazing t side going 17-0. With individual scores like that, 11-win halves are possible.

Pinnacle vs MurK …quot; Rescheduled
    n1 :v

anyways, zex really got stomped.. i'd expect more from a clan that took 3d into OT last match.

silk from zex went 0/12 first half and 2/10 second half, while bl00dsh0t from eg went 13/8 first and 17/0 second.. jeeeeez

Comment

Blue fonts. Nice!...

Comment

amazing game by lgd against gb

Comment

rofl the sotd by davej, lol @ the dust4 drawing

Comment

3d win again

We really need comments for potd

Comment

dude i want to see some new Scout Skins Please i hate the ones in there...

Comment

Edited by [user="26841"] @ [time="1063159265"]

their last match where they lost 21 or 24 rounds.
                ...of?
                As long as they go not repeat what GX did
                ...do?
                11-win halfs are possible
                ...halves?

Just giving you crud man. Anyway, good work with the wrap up Fallacy, keep it up!

Comment

Thank you Nighthawk

Comment

shock has one of the easier schedules? i do believe shock is in the hardest division and recently beat rdw, tec, and agent

Comment

Being in the hardest division, though I'm not sure that Theta is harder than Omega, but we'll assume it is, may not mean having the toughest first 5 matches of the season, Smokie. Beating two teams that are winless (BiO and Agent until Monday) and two teams who are 3-2 and 2-3 (TEC and RDW respectively) does not constitute a very difficult schedule in my eyes. The match that they lost was to mV (3-2 record). They are yet to face the #1 team in their division, TSG, and a strong, improving Eminence squad.

Comment

smokie wrote..

shock has one of the easier schedules? i do believe shock is in the hardest division and recently beat rdw, tec, and agent
                        When your clan has more than one known configger on the roster, it doesn't matter how hard or easy your schedule is.

Comment

Working...
                        X