This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESReality Interview: Ask bds

The international esports community site ESReality.com got a hold of bds today. Famous for, among other accomplishments, his leadership of the championship Counter-Strike team Schroet Kommando, bds talks in-depth with ESReality in an interview covering everything you could want to know about SK, their business practices, and their future in esports. The interview is definitely worth the read. Here's a tidbit:
    Is it true that SK.sca players get 800 a month from the clan?

I can't by natural reasons give you the exact values. The salaries differ from player to player, depending on a few factors, how long they have been in the clan, what they do and so on. The goal is that the players should feel secure in their playing environment. That gaming is their real job.
    It must be hard at the top!

$800 a month is less than if they were working for minimum wage, unless they mean 800 euros, in which case it's STILL less than the U.S. minimum wage. Still beats flipping burgers or detasseling, I suppose.

That's a pretty good interview; gets into some of the nitty gritty of what goes on when managing one of the best teams on earth.

Comment

potti is a slave of the system!

Comment

im gonna buy potti for my clan

Comment

i have potti's in my house

Comment

They also earn stuff from the few random competitions they win too.

Comment

800 is pitiful monthly, I earn more working for CSNation!

However, everyone forgets CPL\ESCW\CXG\WCG and etc winnings.

Comment

damn, bds gets allllllllllllll the ladies ;<

Comment

BDS is the man! He does such a good job, he's the perfect entrepreneu for Esports. There is nobody doing a better job than him. Although Angel and Frank from the CPL are pretty crazy too... I respect BDS for giving us a more technical view of running the clan so professional.

Comment

bds is a great guy in the community. I have a lot of respect for him, he's pushed CS and esports very far.

Comment

It might be 800 after tax or something, in Sweden we pay between 30-50% income tax, which funds the most inefficient public sector in all of Europe.

Comment

edgecrusher wrote..

Although Angel and Frank from the CPL are pretty crazy too...
                        If you mean crazy as in doing something good for the e-sports scene, maybe you should have the slightest bit of information about Angel, Frank, and the CPL.

Comment

meaning?

Comment

Working...
                          X