This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Gamers-X Disbanded

According to Domain Of Games and from what I see on the CAL-i page, it looks as if GX, the well-known and well-respected American clan, has ended. As for details, I am not sure as to why but I will keep you all posted. I am personally upset at this turn of events - Gamers-X had a great name and a great reputation with some fine professional players. Now it's just time to see where they all end up.

Updated: A topic that started in #gamers-x was the origin of the team's end.

Sublyme's Update: In a GotFrag statement, GX's players basically revealed that starter castro was cut by GX's sponsor and owner Michael Chung "Bishop". Specific reasons were not given, only that "he was not suitable for GX and his attitude and character dont fit in with the GX corp". Whether CAL will grant the team a CAL-i spot under a different name or not is currently under debate, but as of now Michael Chung still owns the CAL-I spot for GX, and whether he chooses to recreate a GX team is up to debate as well. There is also an official GotFrag statement from Gamers-X corporation.

WOOHOO, sorry

Comment

This echoes almost the same thing that dassbaba did, be careful =)

Comment

oh dear, oh dear

Comment

This looks legit: check out their CAL roster

Not absolute proof, but perhaps a clue.

Comment

Gamers-X official Statement

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=comnews&id=4055&x=

Gamers-X Players Statements

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=comnews&id=4057&x=

Comment

The constant instability of the clan scene...

Damn shame to see such a fine clan breakup this way.

Comment

constant instability? check again how long they have been together. I`m sure if u didn't see eye to eye on a salary like with GX you would leave as well.

Comment

Edited by [user="120701"] @ [time="1061914722"]

I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I'm kinda glad. I think there are way too many 'pro' clans around in CS at the moment. We could do with losing a few of them to be honest.

Still, kinda lame they 'ended' this way (presuming they really have split up or whatever). It really should be up to the players who's on the team rather then the sponsers.

Comment

You just want your beloved 4K team to have less teams to worry about. :x~

Comment

they wernt competition for 4k anyway

Comment

aww such a shame. poor gex/

Comment

10 points for the first person to spot an "Ex Gamers-X"-like 'pun' on any website, ever.

Comment

CSnation needs to mature and stop with giving people stupid avatar-titles.

Comment

wha...

pauses again...

... what's CAL-i?

Comment

Working...
                              X