This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCSR 32 Clan Knockout

After recently relaunching their site, UK Clan Server Rentals is now announcing their second 32 Clan Knockout Competition. It's not quite a LAN, rather an online 5v5 tourny. The winning clan will receive a 16 player public server for a month complete with stats, HLGuard, and AdminMod installed. To sign up or to find out rules, visit here.

That's it? 16 man server, 1 month. Lame. HTTP://AMAZON.COM All your CS Nation Belong To Us

Comment

16 players suck.. its much better playing on a 32 player server and being spawn-killed repeatedly because there's not enough spawn points

Comment

Serious Sam wrote..

That's it? 16 man server, 1 month. Lame.
        better than nothing
        Serious Sam wrote..

HTTP://AMAZON.COM All your CS Nation Belong To Us
        eh...

Comment

What happens after one month? Don't tell me they take it back, or worse yet, start to charge you for it? I think If thats the case I'll stick with my local country servers.

Besides, I confess that if I got my hands on AdminMod, I'd spend the whole day being a 1337 n00b @dM1n and slap/wrath/kick/chicken everyone in the server all day, trust me, the need to run a server would die out before the month ended, since no one would join.

Comment

1 month!? How lame. It is better than nothing tho.

Comment

Comment

16 players is fine. 20 players gets hectic with fags.

Comment

I hate public servers kthnx.

Comment

Where do I start to lay the boot in? Well, firstly it's too small. Don't know why modellers do this, but almost every pistol model that comes along, and certainly with Berettas, the model is always too small. Certainly in width, this just doesn't feel half as powerful as it should do considering it's supposedly firing .45 ACP rounds.

Secondly, the skin is very bland. It's neither flat grey nor shiny silver, it's somewhat stuck in the middle giving an almost cartoon-ish effect. There's no real problems with it, it's just boring as hell with no real polish.

Thirdly, the animations. The defaults are... well, defaults. Boring as hell. But they work well, and come with okay origins. The custom ones are... well, not all that great. The origins are rather bizarre, the reload is one of those 'too lazy to show what's going on so I'll just hide it all off-screen', and the draw hasn't got much going for it either. The shoot animations are nicked from the default animations too, I believe. The silencer on both, while nicely modelled and skinned, looks a tad stupid. It looks bigger then the gun itself does in HLMV, though in-game it does look more or less the right size. It's positioned oddly (yes I know that's realistic but it looks damn stupid), and on the custom animations/origins you can clearly see a gap between the barrel and the silencer.

The arms are okay, I've never been much of a fan of Rob O's arms but a lot of people are so I won't take marks of for the skin. The arm model on the other hand, is rather blocky and awkward.

Overall, an okay attempt but nothing special about it, doesn't feel right for a USP replacement, and you're better off going with pretty much any other model in the USP archives.

Comment

The model itself is not to thin at all. A simple look in HLMV proves that. It may appear thin, but its the correct size. Jake did a good job on the animations like always.

Comment

dont like it, too small for my liking and doesnt suit the position of a USP

6/10

<Gingeh^>

Comment

Meh... I've seen and used better. This is incredibly too thin and definately lacking in visual power comapred to my favorite found HERE.

This feels like I'll end up breaking it just in when I switch to it in game.

Comment

Too small, too thin and a silencer doesn't go on a berreta, period.

Comment

This is nice, i like Jakes anims, especially the draw, but im not a fan of Beretta's (dont hurt me) just because i havent seen one with girth and size, they are all too small....

other than taht its koo

-Giz

Comment

Working...
                              X