This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS: Not Just A Game Anymore?

Paul, from UK clan Nocturne, has authored a fine article over at UKTerrorist called Counter-Strike: It's Not A Game. The article details how Counter-Strike teams can attract corporate sponsors. There's some very good points addressed, including how to draft a proposal to your desired sponsor and how to keep them by giving their brand exposure.
    To you and me Counter-Strike is a game, something where we can channel our aggression, meet with friends or play for pure entertainment value. To companies such as Intel, Coca Cola, Gainward, AMD, Plantronics and many more corporations, Counter-Strike and online gaming is the doorway to a certain demographic market (Generation Y as the marketing strategists have named you all).
    It's all about the bidness, baby.

CS has become 2 commercial... BAM... Point made... So CS = commercial, business society sux, result: CS sux

btw: first comment

Comment

Edited by [user="22430"] @ [time="1026847799"]

Interesting. Seeing as this article is directly after the one about the CPL and its coporate Intel sponsorship...conspiracy? N00dle thinks so.
      Goofy_ wrote..

business society sux
      Possibilities:
        1. You'd prefer it if we were all sent back into the Stone Age, so that we might barter for beads and animal skins over the communal fire.

2. You're a communist.

Comment

-Dice wrote..

Possibilities:
          1. You'd prefer it if we were all sent back into the Stone Age, so that we might barter for beads and animal skins over the communal fire.

2. You're a communist.
        None of both I'm a neo-hippie!! =

Comment

I fail to see how what any large company could hope to gain from something like this.

Sponsoring an established well-known widely-covered event such as the CPL is all well and good, as the company will be bound to benefit from all the publicity.

Sponsoring individual teams, however, is totally different (unless they're extremely well-known...and off the top off my head I can't think of any famous clans...). Surely only the best of the best of clans would have any chance in hell of getting sponsored, as they're the only ones that are going to get any coverage.
          "...and that silly X-fire paintball game on the TV [is] tame and at best boring"
          I resent that comment.

Comment

*grinds hips*

Shake it! Cool article I like it!

*grinds hips*

Comment

I just wonder how popular cs is. In order for cs to get the big sponsers this game has to be popular with the everyone including children.

Comment

SinaC wrote..

*grinds hips*

Shake it! Cool article I like it!

*grinds hips*
                That what you mean by off topis crap??

Comment

*Guns&Glory* wrote..

That what you mean by off topis crap??
                  What the hell did you just say?

Comment

CS not a game? BLEH! If CS isnt a game then I'm not a jackass

Comment

Just a thought, but what if new player-skins could be made with lets say.....HE nades with Pepsi logo's on them...something to the effect of: Drink pepsi...when finished, just throw the can and kill !!!!.... or maybe: C4 logo's....Buy AMD chips....they'll blow you away !!! or we could all just forget this crap and get back to good-ole-fashion kick butt action....screw the sponsers....They probably are all pussy's anyway and have never heard of CS...they think its some kind of RASH..............Bahahahahahaha

Comment

.....moron

Comment

....i concur

Comment

I motion that the tag on disable be moved to Strabo.

Comment

Yeah, coz what he said was just complete bullshit, whilst the rest of us speak with great intelligence, articulation and insight all the fucking time...

...don't we?

Comment

Working...
                              X