• Show
Clear All

• gotta love ur little ape mikej

all done urself or stolen?

Comment

• MikeJ wrote..

GonePostal wrote..

MikeJ wrote..

Change is part of what makes CS what it is.

No, change is what used to make CS what it was. It's not a mod anymore. It's a retailed game. People buy the product because they are pleased with the current state of the product.

People buy a product because it does one of 3 things.

Helps them in one way or another by being usefull (vacuum cleaner).

Entertains them (movie tickets).

Or a little of both (dildo).

CS, like any other game is entertaining for about a month or two. So what the hell is going to keep people playing? The constant changes thats what.

I purchased JK2, a fine example of a well made game, with some nice multiplayer gameplay. But guess what? I'm already bored with it. Been there done that. With CS it would probably be the same way, except it is just a dynamic game, and there is always something to look forward to. If CS was exactly as it was at 1.0 (the retail version) I would probably have quit some time ago. As would alot of people.

This almost 3 year old game is still the #1 multiplayer game in the world. That right there should tell you something. What games where you playing 3 years ago that you are still playing religiously today?

If CS stopped at the beloved beta 5.2, and gooseman/cliffe said "hmmm, this works our work here is done, cya!" Do you think it would to this day have the crowd it still has now? Not a chance in hell.

If you absolutely hate, which is quite apparent, changes in a game. Then you are free to go play a game that for sure will not change. And you can slowly watch there community die down, as the CS community is granted new content and changes in the next update to keep us happy.

CS 1.5 please.

[/quote

When would 1.5 be likely to come out?

Comment

• Nihil wrote..

gotta love ur little ape mikej

all done urself or stolen?
        friend made it, well i suppose he did. I asked him to make me an avatar (for a couple forums i regular, not just here) and he made a couple with my name in it + this monkey, so i assume if he made those he made this, but you never know.

I on the other hand have no graphical artistic ability whatsoever. Otherwise i would have edited the background of this monkey to match CSN.

Comment

• sure looks better on a white background

Comment

• Too many posts...

\me implodes.

*thump*

Comment

Working...
            X