This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sw1tch wrote..

Why... Why do they need a GF4 Ti 4600, or a 2.4GHZ processor? This is a game based off the HL Engine from many moons ago. I would have suggested an sweet ass soundcard. Oh well...
    Yeah, well, that's the CPL for you. Honestly, the more you think about it, the more descriptive it is of them. If anyone over there had the slightest fucking clue about the actual games they were hosting tournaments for, i'd be shocked.

Moreso than the system specs, i'd like to know what the shit was with that interview. In playing CS the past year, i've seen some real hogshit interviews, but jesus.

Comment

dRage wrote..

Over at DoG in the comments, the players are saying they plan to bring a DSP-500 for the sound...although I feel they should get a Ti4400 and use the extra $100 on an Audigy.
      If you are refering to the plantronics headphones, all I can do is laugh at the poor CPL players, I had a set of DSP 500s, 100 bucks for frequent sound loss and no A3D or EAX (for those that don't know, the DSP 500s bypass the sound card and hook into the usb port, they have their own sound hardware in a little adapter on the cord), the DSP 500s look nice, but they are problematic as hell! I would stick with a good sound card and standard headphones setup

Comment

A3D can hear sound in HL at much further distances than any other soud device.

With onboard sound in everything they are levling the playing field. Its still positional audio. I could see if it was onboard 8 bit mono and you could pick up awp shots from 10 feet away...

Comment

so nobody knows the exact size and make of the cpl monitor? I wonder why they didn't include this...

Comment

i know thats why they are doing it, but no A3D or EAX support is just a side effect of usb headphones, they could just disable it manually in cs and not use those piece of crap dsp 500s

Comment

So nobody knows?

Comment

Whatever

Comment

Working...
                X