This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.4 review/opinions

The Florida Gaming Network has posted a small review/opinion article of CS 1.4. It includes short reviews of the changes and the author's opinions on how to improve CS.
    Here's what I propose for CS. Make a new edition and call it a tournament edition. In this version, implement a way for players to climb up walls and what not, by jumping up and grabbing the ledge of a low-hanging roof or whatnot. Streamline the jumping restrictions, two jumps and you can't jump for a full 3 seconds, that gives you time to land on your feet. Next, take out headshots altogether! Since the advent of headshots, CS has become as much a game of luck as it is of skill. Finally, retire dust, assault, siege and all of the old maps that are too one-sided.
    Interesting ideas, but will they ever happen?

If by "interesting" you mean "inane" and "will they ever happen" you mean "are these suggestions moronic," then yes.

Comment

This is a joke, right?

Remember when the community made enough sense to determine what was and wasn't sarcasm?

Comment

Don't change my CS! 1.4 is the best release yet.

-smart

Comment

one way, or another, i'm going to f**k you, gonna f**k you f**k you f**k you............

who ever came up with those ideas should be SHOT

and whoever came up with that one way or another song should be shot, and for what i just did, i should be hailed with praise

Comment

Edited by [user="10296"] @ [time="1020212331"]

Am I being sarcastic or not? You decide.

Comment

the jumping thing sounds cool, the current jumping doesnt botther me at all.... just the roof stuff is cool idea as for removing maps, those maps arent one sided at all..... they just require team work and tactic "adjustment"... and what kind of a newb would come up "how about they remove headshots altogether" thats RIDICULOUS!

Added @ [time="1020212750"]

btw ive just recieved word that the ogc team now has a WORKING (yet buggy) new version for 1.4 VALVE NEEDS TO GET THERE ACT TOGETHER..... also IT WOULD BE NICE IF more servers WOULD accually use the new "secure mode"...

Added @ [time="1020212838"]

oh umm "since the advent of headshots" in beta 7 or so there started to display to other in teh game when a headshot occurs but as far as i know they have always been part of the game

Comment

scr0llwheel wrote..

Am I being sarcastic or not? You decide.
                Not you, jagoff.

Comment

Edited by [user="25310"] @ [time="1020213172"]

hey, does anyone remember a game called Counter-Strike? it seems as if all the servers for it have been replaced by this new, crappy game named OnePointFour... any word on the OnePointFour team issuing a modification to change their game into that FUN game called Counter-Strike?

Comment

Edited by [user="10296"] @ [time="1020213864"]

oh, so sorry

I was also refering to rizzuh, though.

Comment

lol retire dust assault and seige looool

remove hs? you mean take out damage locator? rofl

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

If by "interesting" you mean "inane" and "will they ever happen" you mean "are these suggestions moronic," then yes.
                        I second that.

Comment

lol rizzuh dishes it out to his newzie

that guy is a fucking idiot, i doubt anyone went to read the rest of that after seeing what shit it was. climb ledges? sounds more like somehting AHL would do, i dont even see how this is news worthy, its just one persons ideas, that wouldnt even make it into a mailbag

Comment

i laugh in his general direction

Comment

A new CS? Didn't we just get 1.4? This doesn't even sound like CS. If scr0llwheel wants to make this game he should buy his own company and (don't call it CS) leave CSN out of this.

he didnt say anything about weapon changes either? who would play that game anyway....................

Comment

Working...
                              X