This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• models note

I have been told that weapon models are now automatically mirrored to your hand using, thus there are only right handed models which are mirrored to the right with cl_righthand "1". This means you have to rename your v_x_r.mdl files to v_x.mdl.

It has been verified in the comments.

Edited by [user="21611"] @ [time="1019842304"]

Well I only have right hand models and its starting to piss me off. Even if I use the left hand command it does not work at all soI guess I'll have to try renaming.

-1.4 = So damn bad

Comment

i don't believe so rizzuh, because i re-installed the cs-realism models and they were suddenly right handed, eventually i clicked 'right handed models' and they were back to the left hand. so you can keep your old names for models, you just might have to check the opposite box to have 'em on your left hand.

Comment

All of my gun models are customized, and I have the same situation as scud.

I use all left-handed models, and they are righthanded unless I set cs_righthand to "1"

That is a bit odd, don't you think? Like rain, on your wedding day?

It doesn't bother me, but it is funny that I have to have the setting backwards for it to work.

Comment

That is a bit odd, don't you think? Like rain, on your wedding day?
          actually according to alanis morisette its ironic

Comment

Well I had the problem that when I re-installed all of my custom skins that a rifle and knife would be right-handed, then my pistol would be left. I fixed it with the cl_righthand 0 then a round later everything would be crapped up again.

I'll try this renaming shiz and see how it goes.

Comment

I can confirm that this is true, for more info read here http://www.chatbear.com/cgi-bin/board.p...&view=flatold

Comment

Edited by [user="21133"] @ [time="1019845130"]

all IS true , you incompetant people. Except the v_xxx.mdl are now RIGHT model and not left model.

So, you have to rename all your old v_xxx_r model into v_xxx.mdl.

If you want to play as lefty, go to CS options and check left view or type it in config.cfg file. Now, no need of lefty model anymore, skinner and modelers have only to make righty model,named v_xxx.mdl (and not v_xxx_r.mdl as till now) and hl engine will flip it by itself.

Comment

Yeah I got that happening to me. Dunno why... *Shrug*

Comment

i deleted my original v_x.mdl's, renamed all my v_x_r.mdl's > v_x.mdl. yet when i went in game, i was able to get onto the server fine, but all my righties wouldn't show up. so i renamed them all back to their original names, restored my old lefties, and they were fine again. maybe i should disable the cl_righthand in my config since it's already on by default, but i dont see how that would work like it did for m00.

Comment

see.. what happened for me...

is that cl_righthand 1 = left hand and cl_righthand 0 = right hand..

now I have no clue why it's screwed like that.. but my bomb thing, which is the one of the Fusion Pack 6.5, is backwards when it's right handed.. so I believe it is correct

Comment

This setting DOES work. For all my custom models, I did this setting, and now it does work.

Comment

I can confirm this is indeed true

Comment

so can anyone tell me exactly what to do here?

I can t get any of my custom skins to be right handed!

Comment

speaking of models and skins, your boy Hitman has like, horrible grammar, fuck rizzuh, get the boy spell check or Hooked On Phonics

» r3v

Comment

Working...
                              X