This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 jump plugin

For those servers ops who want to have CS 1.3 jumping on their CS 1.4 servers, you can grab MetaMod here and then install the jump plugin.

I think this sort of mod only serves to create a literal split in the community rather than a split of opinions. Any league that endorses official use of this mod is hurting the community more than helping it, regardless of what some will say. For pubs, I guess, whatever floats your boat.

This plug-in is more for show than for actual use for most clans. The real "elite" clans (CAL-I, CAL-M playoffs) are going to have to adapt to CS 1.4 very, very soon.

Yes, why not bring silent-run back in...

Comment

"I think this sort of mod only serves to create a literal split in the community rather than a split of opinions. Any league that endorses official use of this mod is hurting the community more than helping it, regardless of what some will say."

And you're saying that removing bunnyhopping Valve's way is helping the community? I would rather play with bunnyhopping than Valve's way, and so do more than %50 percent of the community.

Comment

And you're saying that removing bunnyhopping Valve's way is helping the community? I would rather play with bunnyhopping than Valve's way, and so do more than %50 percent of the community.
        umm, actually it does help the community by eliminating the exploits in the jumping. as rizzuh would say, you sir, are a clownpot.

Comment

Edited by [user="2065"] @ [time="1019842998"]

No, I said that it creates a literal split: jumping vs non-jumping servers.

It's the difference between racism in the south and the south being a different country.

It would be like having powerful AWP servers and servers with only MP5's, that would help no one.

Comment

Edited by [user="2345"] @ [time="1019843479"]

cheetarah654 wrote..

umm, actually it does help the community by eliminating the exploits in the jumping. as rizzuh would say, you sir, are a clownpot.
            For some reason, you think that people are mad because bunnyhopping was removed. That is not true. Most people support the move to remove bunnyhopping, but most people also dislike the way it was done. This effectively slows down the pace of CS and the pace of CS is what made it fun. There were several ways Valve could have removed bunnyhopping, but they picked the bad way. And it looks like Valve is hurting CS more than this mod because more than %50 of the CS community is will to leave unless they remove bunnyhopping in a way that doesn't slow down CS's pace so much.
            rizzuh wrote..

No, I said that it creates a literal split: jumping vs non-jumping servers.

It's the difference between racism in the south and the south being a different country.

It would be like having powerful AWP servers and servers with only MP5's, that would help no one.
            That may be so, but it's much better than +%50 of the CS community leaving because Valve picked a bad way to remove bunnyhopping. I believe cliffe said if it's so bad, they will revert to 1.3 style or something that isn't so bad. I don't think many people are willing to wait until the next release for Valve to fix it. So until Valve decides to find a better way, I believe this is a good compromise.

Comment

Personlly the jumping is far from my biggest issue with this release. Walking is too slow and accuracies are far too random. My biggest piss off has got to be how long it takes to shoot when switching weapons.

Comment

while i agree that it could have been done in a different way, they chose to do it this way. i personally may not love the new jumping but i realize its something i should get used to. by giving people the option of using the old jumping it will just create segregation. plus everyone always complains about how cs isnt realistic, well now its more realistic and everyone is complaining.

Added @ [time="1019843413"]

That may be so, but it's much better than +%50 of the CS community leaving because Valve picked a bad way to remove bunnyhopping.
                somehow i doubt 50% will leave, if anything it will increase just as it does with every release, although it wil lose more experience dplayers and introduce a greater number of new players

Comment

Shhh. I'm huntin' wabbits.

Comment

Edited by [user="2345"] @ [time="1019844634"]

spud wrote..

Shhh. I'm huntin' wabbits.
                    Shhh... be verwy verwy quiet. I'm huntn' spuds.

Comment

and if CAL/CPL used this plugin then what would you say rizzuh, laff.

It's funny how people prioritize things and who they think should have the authority on how CS is played.

If CPL/CAL do it so will the rest of the CS community IMO, watch out!

Comment

I personally don't care.

Comment

i like the sound of this mod!

rizzle, can you ask if they cans make a mod to bring back the menuselect 3 skin cheet? becuase when those wank4rs@cs.com took eet out they cramped my style big time

Comment

They wont leave, even if they say so. In a month or so everybody will be happy playing cs1.4 without any plugins whatever...

Comment

Blech, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Now sure, the jumping thing isn't really cool(or needed), but splitting the community in half is even less needed. Playing with a gun banned isn't the same as having a major part changed on half.

Comment

Working...
                              X