This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'view: d|s vs. x3

Last Thursday, one of the top clans in the world, Xtreme 3, was beaten by the newly-formed Darkside, who just came off of an equally stunning win over [rs]. Right after the game, our own Sublyme swooped in for a short Q&A with D|S's DuctTapeMessiah.
    CS-Nation: Darkside has been around awhile with divisions in Quake3 and other games/mods, but the cs division is relatively new. How has this affected teamwork? Has the team been able to get a feel for things?

D|S-DuctTapeMessiah: Well we have been around since around CPL-Winter - formed from eU|- and a GB member or two, and a lot of people have left, and a few acquired, we are just finally starting to work together as a team, up until 3-4 weeks ago, we had HORRIBLE teamwork.
    Demos are included with the interview, along with an even shorter Q&A with X3's Ksharp, who played in the match. Arr, go read it!

darkside gave x3 a nice run for their money. It'll be interesting to see a rematch on another map and see the outcome.

Comment

Looks like X3 is on a losing streak. Haha.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be a repeating scenario for X3...loosing to a supposedly lesser clan due to a lack of preparation. Perhaps this is indicative of some flaws in X3, maybe even a lack of professionalism or (and take note, this is an unsubstantiated conjecture) perhaps they're too caught up in being known as the top clan in the USA to realize they've got serious competition.

Comment

nah, Cbble is just a terrible map, inferno and aztec are good.

Comment

I wonder if that drug promotion was really necessary ;-)

Comment

X3=ex3 give some other clans the spotlight...

Comment

ur sense of humour sucks.

Comment

deleted my old comment right as i submitted my thoughts on the demo... oh well might as well re-type it

The game looked great, but the demos are never any good, there is always someone recording them that wants to marvel at the 'realism' of the faces of the models for 5 straight rounds, gets boring fast. Just use lock chase mode for demos then we can see exactly what they see and its much much better.

Comment

you mean it's not a hltv demo or whatever?

Darkside sounds like the badnews bears or some crap.

Comment

Probably doesn't help that X3 doesn't use strats or teamplay, they just play free-for-all.... or so one of their members said a while ago.

Comment

no strategey = teh winnar, makes it more fun too

Comment

cbble = perfect map to camp in. There are so many nooks and crannies in that map.

Comment

my god! D|S kick X3 ass.....!!! but i thing that just a coincidence maybe X3 not in the mood to play but in the mood to **** haha just joking

Comment

in the mood to fuck is a bad thing mmkay?

Comment

Working...
                              X