This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Dusted

The popular UK gaming company, Jolt, need about 25 more clans to fill their huge 'Get Dusted' knockout tournament. There will be 256 clans competing on de_dust. Looks like fun, click here for more info.

sounds really bad, dust isn't for clan matches its for cs n00bs that want a simple map where one team has a huge advantage

Comment

gobd wrote..
      sounds really bad, dust isn't for clan matches its for cs n00bs that want a simple map where one team has a huge advantage
      yes it is horribly unbalanced. Whoever wins the pistol round has the advantage on dust, because that decides whos going to take the choke points next round...and the next round...and so on. It's usually in favor of the CTs because not only do they get the USP for free, but they can control 2 choke points at once pretty much. The bridge and the tunnel, just walk back and forth every couple of seconds, spot where the Ts are coming, call in backup, and its all over

Comment

yeah, that map is just for people that want to feel good about winning even though its so easy.

Comment

While I feel a dust only tourney is silly, I don't think dust is unbalanced. Either team can some back from a bad pistol round, as more European clans prove.

Comment

Prodigy > Dust.

Comment

de_dust makes me wanna quit CS.

The reason ppl play that crap again and again is because that map's got enough spawn points for 32 players, where most other maps don't.

I find that pub server which is capable for 32 players is more poplulated than the other pub servers.

Comment

Thats not the reason at all. I'm not sure of the reason myself, but the Jolt 'Get Dusted' servers are 12 player, and nearly always full.

Comment

My clans in it...

Comment

Jolt are so laggy in my experience

Comment

i personally hate dust. its just overplayed. but i do think it is one of the most balanced maps...its just simple...

Comment

Edited by [user="12416"] @ [time="1014416122"]

cheetarah654 wrote..
                        i personally hate dust. its just overplayed. but i do think it is one of the most balanced maps...its just simple...
                        dust2 is balanced, inferno is balanced, dust has issues.

You shouldn't be able to cover more than one choke/rush point at a time, and you can do this in dust. If i rush left in inferno, and you are holding right, you will not have a chance to stop me. If i rush bridge in dust, and you are holding tunnel, you simply walk a few steps out and cap me from behind.

Comment

Hmm.. i have to beg to diver there.. de_inferno in a clan match is definately not balanced.....

Also dust is one of the most played maps in cs, speaks for itself really..

Comment

dust is balanced in the fact that it takes almost the same time for ct's and t's to rush closest bomb site. i cant think of another map this even. plus the main choke point is about equal i think

Comment

you guys act like they don't switch sides in clan matches.

NO MAP IS GOING TO BE PERFECT!!!

that's why switching sides evens it out. I don't care if I play a clan match on an extremly un-even map because I get to play both teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X