This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interview: newell

Gabe Newell, president of Valve, has been interviewed at Trepidation Software. It's mostly about Half-Life, Valve, and TF2, but there's a little CS in there if you dig deep...
    Some people think that bunny hopping is a skill that is meant to be in the game, while other people say it is an exploited bug. What is your standpoint on the issue of bunny hopping?

We're putting a bunny hopping fix in the next release of CS, so I guess I come down on the side of "I am tired of playing CS with a bunch of freaking jack rabbits."
    Check it out, won't you?

good day for interviews.

i noticed he avoided the MOD question by not naming any specifically. i wonder if this implies that they dont think any mods will ever be as good and as successfull as cs and will just be a waste of time? that MODS are the thing to do now and valve is just sick of everyone trying to become another cs? or that there are mods out there they are considering and want to keep secret

Comment

I can't wait till TFC dies, that mod is so gay.

Comment

CS was the number one game online for a considerable amount of time before Valve decided to pick them up. I think the same would have to go for whatever game (with DoD being the closest likely contenter today) Valve would decide to pick up. After all, even though Valve made a considerable profit on CS, there was always the chance the investment would fall on its face.

Valve isn't running a charity.

Comment

Valve doesn't want to show favoritism, that's why he avoided the question.

Comment

The Valve guys are so friendly :I

I love them.

Comment

IT'S ABOUT TF2 I MUST READ IT AARGH OFsofiuhsdf

Comment

Kuros wrote..
                IT'S ABOUT TF2 I MUST READ IT AARGH OFsofiuhsdf
                Heh!
                Is there any new information on Team Fortress 2 that you can share with us?

Nope.

Comment

ancient
                  'nuff said.

Comment

He was being polite by dodging the question. Go look at how many servers Desert Crisis has and tell me new mods have a chance nowadays

Tired of jackrabbits hahahaha

Comment

Yeah, the interview with Gabe was really exciting for us, and we hop to have future interviews with members of the Valve staff, ...some of which we are currently getting started.

The reason for not asking too much about CS is because...well, why? There's so much information about CS out there already, and people that already have their concrete opinions. We just figured we'd ask some questions that were interesting.

But yeah, he did dodge those questions real smooth like, hah. Regardless we're very appreciative that he did do the interview, and he's a very friendly person to communicate with.

Comment

Highpinger wrote..
                        ancient
                        'nuff said.
                        hey big boy

Comment

okay, this is getting fucking shitty.

just who the fucking hell are you.

Comment

Working...
                          X