This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPL Winners: NiP

The Swedish favorite Ninjas in Pyjamas has won the CPL Counter-Strike World Championship! Those lads are the proud winners of $50,000 (US) and will be proclaimed the best clan in the world. Congratulations NiP, you guys certainly deserve it.

In a spectacular 2 match, 5 round battle, NiP came out victors against X3 with a score of 13-11 (download demo, play with Geekplay), after losing to X3 in overtime with a score of 12-16 (download demo, play with Geekplay). Demos are sure to follow, along with plenty of analysis. Saying these games were close is the understatement of the year. Everyone was on the edge of their seat until the very last round, when NiP did a mind-blowing double-rush to the upper bombsite, planted the bomb, and vigorously defended the oncoming X3 attack.

American clan Xtreme 3 won't be left out, they'll be bringing home $25,000 and the title of best American clan out there.

Placements
    • 1st $50,000 nip

• 2nd $25,000 x3

• 3rd $15,000 mtw.gol

• 4th $8,000 massive attack

• 5th $7,000 infernum

• 6th $6,000 tso

• 7th $5,000 soa

• 8th $4,000 dop
    Commentary

Wow. The match we all wanted to see came true, and it didn't disappoint. I tried not to show bias in my posts, but I was rooting for X3 all the way. Even down to the last round they had a great chance to win the thing. Some things to note: NiP won the pistol round, not usual for Euro clans; X3 usually performs well as CTs, but NiP's tactics forced them to split up too much -- NiP almost always stuck together.

The HLTV servers were properly pimped and actually worked perfectly, until a small crash hit during the start of Match #2's pre-game (read: we missed nothing). The HLTV coverage was actually impressive, finally. Next year, hopefully, they'll use the broadcaster feature so we can get a nice game announcer to tell us what the hell is going on.

Thus concludes CPL-Nation. We'll have a wrap-up article with pictures, interviews, and a complete recap of the CS event later in the week.

I say gg to all. All teams involved did their best Now lets all go home and practice for next year.

Comment

gj nip! hlo u all

Comment

HEY PINCHY! ya gg nip

Comment

great job nip, those were some killer games to watch.

Comment

Well Played and congrats. to NiP !!

I followed quite a few of the matches at the CPL and i have to say that it was a cool event.

I didnt know much about X3 before this event but having watched them play, they are a very stylish clan. Nuff respect.

HLTV r0x0r.

Comment

congratulations you mighty ninjas!

btw, one idiot called "bukchin." left hltv early because he couldn't stand the tension. haha, what a wussy wimp!

Comment

lol..talk about taking it to serious

Comment

Great match! x3 is probably going to bone up on its pistol round. . .

Comment

Man I was watching this thing on IRC and it was still very intense and a good game for both teams, good job to NiP and nice try to x3

Comment

This stuff's getting crazy...I remember when CS was played on 50 servers. Now, 15000?! Crazy. Great job NiP, I enjoyed watching your performance.

And, I'm a little late, great site design rizzuh.

Also, I'm going to launch my gaming site (not going to leak name and addy) in near 2002.

-Mr. Fodder

Comment

Good job NiP and X3 alike.. I truthfully feel that X3 should have won these hard-fought battles. But some things just didn't go eXtreme 3's way... but hey. very fun to watch.. X3 all the way!

AMERICANS R0X!!! EUROPEANS uh..... dont!!

Comment

dude you dont judge ppl by their country except for canadians and french . i think NiP had it won in the beginning you arrogant arse

Comment

i heard someone say in #cpl that the server crashed becaused it was spammed

Comment

I was really impressed by HLTV. I didn't know you could ghost and change views in a demo until just now. That means only one demo needed for matches. And can you pause it, rewind, slow motion or anything like that? That's the only thng missing.

The match was cool too. How come when I play like that in public servers I get called a camper?

Comment

Working...
                              X