This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 1.3 preview

Synthetic has been evil and dirty enough to write a nice little preview of CS 1.3. It covers issues like voice communication and the weapons.
    I must say I was quite impressed by VALVe's voice communication system, which is incorporated into HL 1.1.0.8. The sound quality is better and clearer than Roger Wilco, with less "lag" before your teammates hear what you say.

When you press your transmit key, toggled by the +voicerecord command, a large icon appears above your head and is visible to your teammates. The icon is pretty much the same concept as the exclamation mark that appears over your head when you do a radio command. Along with the icon above your head, your name appears on the lower right-hand portion of your teammates' screen, letting them know who is talking. A much-needed change from the "who's who" game of Roger Wilco. The coolest aspect of the voice communication is the fact that the player's lips move in sync with what they're saying! This also goes for radio commands...
    Yay.

Update by rizzuh: Links are gone folks! Hey, don't worry; word from cliffe is that all the weapon info is bogus. The preview contains no new factual information, so you're not missing out on anything. Since word will spread anyway, I'll just leave the tidbit up here.
Working...
X