This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CD Key In Use Error" Fixed

Eric Smith also sent word along the HLDS mailing lists today that VALVe has discovered the reason for the "CD Key In Use" error messages that seem to have been happening more frequently over the past few weeks.

In order to fix the problem, the IP address of the "half-life.west.won.net" server will be changed tonight at 11:00PM PDT. It is important to note that while you don't need to do anything for this update to occur, it could take up to 48 hours for the DNS to resolve to this address, depending on your internet provider.

It is unknown at this time, at least to CS-Nation, whether the other WON servers will take over the west server's traffic or not. Stay tuned and we'll let you know as we find out.[break="click through for eric smith's statement"]We've found the source of the "CD Key in Use" problem some clients have been

experiencing over the last few weeks.

To fix the problem we need to change the IP address for the server at

"half-life.west.won.net". At 11:00pm PDT tonight (Thursday, October 3,

2002) the IP address for this server will be changed to "198.74.33.62". It

could take up to 48 hours for the DNS to resolve to this address, depending

on who your Internet provider is.

You don't need to do anything unless you've edited your valve\woncomm.lst

file and manually entered the IP addresses for the various servers. You

shouldn't ever need to edit your woncomm.lst file, but if you have please

note this change.

-Eric

Woot, thought I got h4x0r3d for a few.

Comment

same here, it even said my cd key was banned for 24 hours but then a couple mins later, it worked fine. so i was a bit panicked

Comment

woo, im so glad they are finally fixing that bug. its such a pain in the ass to have to change my CD-Key everytime I leave a server.

Comment

Hmm I just thought some punk kid got my cd key.

Comment

They should release a patch for this. Some people might have difficulty with altering the won ips.

Comment

whats is teh best way to contact "eric" about cs hardware issues n stuff? cause i need to talk to him about an incompatability issue with sound blaster audigies. lemme know an e-mail address or something k thx.

Comment

Serious Sam wrote..

They should release a patch for this. Some people might have difficulty with altering the won ips.
                Did you actually read the post? You do not have to alter the WON ID's. There is nothing about this update that needs to be changed on the client side.

Comment

It says (it might) take dns server 48 hours to update, and naturally those who are informed but don't want to wait might have difficulties changing it.

Freaky avatar!

Comment

Anyone having a crashing problem? Lately ALOT of people's HL has been crashing. I crashed a total of 9 times today. When you go up a latter with a flash bang it happens, when you have a grenade out and you run from a dark area to light area and vise-versa it happens as-well. But now it is just crashing for no god damned reason. It's really pissing me off and I hope it is fixed soon. I hear it is something with VAC.

Comment

Serious Sam wrote..

It says (it might) take dns server 48 hours to update, and naturally those who are informed but don't want to wait might have difficulties changing it.

Freaky avatar!
                      There are tw other master servers to take the strain while WON east is down, so it's no big rush really.

Comment

CrazyNewbieGuy wrote..

Hmm I just thought some punk kid got my cd key.
                        Me too, especially since I had some psyche ut punk sayin, Im gonna hack you and steal your key!!

Comment

Thankfully i've never had this "CD-Key is in use" error.

Well done VALVe for sorting it out though

Comment

Psionic wrote..

Anyone having a crashing problem? Lately ALOT of people's HL has been crashing. I crashed a total of 9 times today. When you go up a latter with a flash bang it happens, when you have a grenade out and you run from a dark area to light area and vise-versa it happens as-well. But now it is just crashing for no god damned reason. It's really pissing me off and I hope it is fixed soon. I hear it is something with VAC.
                            I discovered the flashbang up ladder thing during the CS 1.4 beta test..

I even reported it..

they just never did anything...

Stupid valve.... --- They should listen to ALLLLL the people ---

now I just stay away from the grenades all-to-gether --when I do buy em I make sure theres no ladders around...

also -- I don't think it is VAC related..cause I know it's been there since the 1.4 beta test (when there was no VAC)

oh well

Comment

|3ear wrote..

whats is teh best way to contact "eric" about cs hardware issues n stuff? cause i need to talk to him about an incompatability issue with sound blaster audigies. lemme know an e-mail address or something k thx.
                              what SB Audigy error is this? I use an Audigy with no problems at all, ???

Comment

Working...
                              X