Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 1.7 million players spend more than 2.4 billion minutes a month in the game. (The top-rated TV show Friends generates 2.9 billion viewer minutes a month.)
    Assuming the only mean within the US there...

Friends is shown once a week right?

So that's a max of 120 minutes of Friends a month per person (around 20 million viewers)

Whereas CS manages 24 HOURS per person per month for it's estimated fanbase of 1.7 million.

Comment

Screwed by cultural differences once again. How was I to know that blow meant something different in the UK? I coulda got a 10/10.

Bloody wankers.

Comment

Nice article, and hey, Goose isn't in a cubicle

Comment

Grocer wrote..

Screwed by cultural differences once again. How was I to know that blow meant something different in the UK? I coulda got a 10/10.

Bloody wankers.
          what the fuck are you on aboot eh

Comment

garry wrote..

btw its not my drugs quiz, this is indicated by the BBC logos all over the site.
            This all right! I learned it by reading this!

The quiz asks you to identify what 'blow' refers to, and gives choices. But it's a BBC quiz, and in the UK blow means pot, whereas in the US blow means coke. So I got the question wrong, even though I got it right, resulting in a 9/10 instead of a 10/10. Ergo: bloody wankers.

The CPL should have tests for performance enhancing drugs.

And it's good to see pro gaming articles. As opposed to con gaming articles. Damn felons.

Comment

Derelict267 wrote..

what the heck why is his nickname gooseman i dont get it.lol he lives with his parents? omg why doesnt he buy a freaking house and a pimp car with all the money hes making because CS is so popular
              The developer of a game gets about 5%-10% (PC Gamer did an article about this a long time ago, can't quite remember the percent) of the profit from the sales of a game. That means Goose gets about as much as rizzuh gets from each Amazon.com referral sale.

Comment

Grocer wrote..

etc...
                Actually nobody calls Pot blow, but the bbc is majorly staffed by old fuddy duddies who wouldnt understand drugs culture if it stood up and bit them on the nose. Those at the beeb who do know, darent reveal themselves.. Nobody calls Pot pot either.. ewed skunk hash etc.. Ali G did a wicked skit on it with a drugz zsar... Very intersting skit, youll find it on Kazaa and stuff like that.. Anyone know where I can link to the Kerpal flash?

????

Comment

Working...
                X