• Time
  • Show
Clear All

do i install these in my cstrike dlls folder

or my counter-strike dlls folder

?????

i have retail btw

Comment

install it above the cstrike folder, it'll copy over Core.dll and 2 dlls inside the valve folder.

Comment

You read the file entitled readme.txt and extra it to your CS Retail directory (or HL directory if you're not using retail)~!

Comment

What the fuck am I a mathematician? I don't have time for you're crazy text files I JUST WANT TO PLAY AND PLAY NOW.

...I still hate how it takes forever to "load" the viewdemo, and while it's "loading" you can't do any of the fast forwarding or rewinding. Also, there are still a shitload of demo bugs that need fixing.

-The teams and models only cache after a restart

-if you are recording, go to another map, and start recording a new demo, the demo will be on the map you first started recording on.

Example: You record a demo on de_dust, you change to de_aztec, you stop your demo, start a new one. Now when you go to watch your aztec demo, it loads dust, so the players are running around in the 3D space where aztec should be, but it's dust.

-Demos crashing or not working due to various situations which took place when starting the demo.

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

Honestly, I don't understand why this is such a big deal with so many people. There's more keys on your number keypad (you know, that little part of your keyboard on the right-hand side) than there are F keys. You can bind all 16 (not numlock though, unfortunately) of the regular keys there, which provides for as many weapons and accessories as most people use. Simple? Yes... yes it is.

Anyway, viewdemo is quite good, looking forward to the final release.
            For example I use the numpad for movement, so I need the F-keys for my buyscript...and I just don't see why I should need a demo player (respectively its gui and associated reserved keys) when I'm just not interested in demos anyway... I really hope they make the functions assignable...

Added @ [time="1035219252"]

btw. I found these instructions somewhere ( I guess here on csn ) to solve the problem:
            Go to your Half-Life (or Counter-Strike Retail) directory, open the "valve" folder, open the "cl_dlls" folder, and rename the file "GameUI.dll" to something else (i.e. "GameUI.bak"). You should be able to bind your F1 and F2 keys again.
            Does anybody know what exactly is contained in these dlls? I might not want to disable any other feature except the demo player...

Comment

MikeJ

seriously whats so bad with just retrying?

i mean if it makes the demo WORK, why not? it takes two secs, or less if you have it bound .

i love viewdemo. i cant believe i just found out about it this week..

arg D:

anywho, im off to make me a movie to post here on csn, hopefully

cmdrflesh.

if you do do that, it only gets rid of the buttons that are bound.

and you are still able to watch demo's the old/most known way(playdemo).

i did it, so i guess i know?

and sorry for dbl-posting.

Comment

ya this is hte first i know of viewdemo. and i love watching les CPL and CAL-I demos. i wish geekplay had incorporated an option for viewdemo instead of playdemo. oh well.

Comment

Working...
                X