This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeNet IRC Virus

Apparently there is a new virus that is traversing the QuakeNet IRC channels. What does this have to do with CS? Well, the virus is disguised as an updated version of narby's popular map, de_aztec. Apparently, the virus goes under the name of de_aztec_1.6.exe, and it will steal your Q password and take over your channel. If you believe that you have been infected with this, the recommended solution is to use an antivirus software, change your Q password and then reinstall your IRC client. At this time it seems to be limited to QuakeNet, but make sure that you take precautions so it won't spread anywhere else.

Thanks to Bongo for the heads up.

And that's why, boys and girls, we use Gamesnet

Comment

It took me forever to code that.

Comment

I not 133t so I don't have a channel (and I don't use quakenet because gamesnet r0x0rz).

Comment

lol quaknet sux0rz i only use gamesnet :P

Comment

i download everything that comes my way so naturally virus updates concern me.

Comment

MikeJ wrote..

i download everything that comes my way so naturally virus updates concern me.
              ;]

Comment

How delightful!

Comment

That is actaully a really smart move calling it the new aztec... everyone will flock to it just like ruzzuh flocks to other people's bullets

Comment

Gpig20 wrote..

It took me forever to code that.
                    Code what, the virus? Um, so my hot sister wants your address and phone number...

Comment

Dont you feel so special Narby? Jezz, indirectly taking over Quakenet one Channel at a time, gj.

Comment

bkrose120 wrote..

Code what, the virus? Um, so my hot sister wants your address and phone number...
                        omg pics plz

Comment

alikzam13 wrote..

Dont you feel so special Narby? Jezz, indirectly taking over Quakenet one Channel at a time, gj.
                          It's just a small cog of the machine which forms the bigger picture.

DOMINATION OF THE INTERWEB ONE PIECE AT A TIME

Comment

narby wrote..

It's just a small cog of the machine which forms the bigger picture.

DOMINATION OF THE INTERWEB ONE PIECE AT A TIME
                            Always working out the small bugs and yet keeping perspective at the big picture....

Comment

god you're a moron gpig...ahjahahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X