This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC Beta Module Release

VALVe released new beta security modules today. The update contains the same security fixes as the public modules that were recently recalled because of false positives.[break="Click here for the release announcement."]
    We've updated the beta security modules. These beta security modules should fix the false positive problems some clients were having with the previous security modules and will detect the most recent versions of Joolz (2.2, 2.22, and 2.30).

The wallhack block we've been working on is still under development and is not included in this release.

1) This beta test is only for Counter-Strike servers...not Day of Defeat.

2) The password for the beta security modules is still "vactest", so make sure you have...

-testmodule vactest

...in your command line and restart your server. If you're already running with the beta security module password in your command line, your server should update itself.

Let me know if you have any problems with the beta security modules and we'll look into them right away.

Thanks.

Eric Smith

VALVe

I don't think there is really anything to comment on here. I mean how many times can you say "Go VAC", "Can't wait till it goes public", or argue about how much valve sucks.

GO VAC

Comment

VO GAC

Comment

Can't wait till it goes public

Comment

Gpig has this post owned.

Comment

one person has already gotten a flase detection, so don't get too happy yet.

Comment

Ya, I was just falsely detected.. I hate VACs errors!

Comment

false detection: "my friend was busted and I know he doesn't cheat!!!"

Comment

Can Valve put out an anti-cheat that when it catches someone cheating, it displays the cheater's name in big letters along with the name of the cheat? Just like what CSguard used to do. I loved that.

Comment

farmer brown wrote..

Can Valve put out an anti-cheat that when it catches someone cheating, it displays the cheater's name in big letters along with the name of the cheat? Just like what CSguard used to do. I loved that.
                    For.. Why?

Comment

Because I love it?

Comment

The farmer is right that was fun. At my favorite server it would let the person stay for about 10 seconds so we could taunt them, and then it would ban them.

Comment

Seriously, it gives everyone a good chuckle and if it's in big bold letters, then everyone would know that person (like say if he was a regular) was banned and word would pass on about him cheating and this will MAY discourage him in the future from further cheating.

Right now in order to find out if someone got caught cheating by VAC, you would have to ask the admin if so and so has been caught cheating or check his website if he puts up a list of cheaters caught.

Comment

Working...
                          X