This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamesNet Trojan Horse/Virus

A wintools.exe virus going around on the popular IRC server GamesNet. While you're on IRC, remember to stop in and say hi to everyone in #CSNation!
    There is a new trojan horse/virus going around called wintools.exe. If someone DCCs you wintools.exe, DO NOT ACCEPT IT. For those who are already infected, we are investigating the best ways to remove it.
    Just know what you are downloading, and who it is from. If you think you have been infected with this or any other virus, click me to use a free online virus scan.

Somone in #team3d sent me this some hours ago..

Comment

I was running low on windows tools thanks for the heads up i'll see if i can get it.

Comment

luckily im always on quakenet...just gotta watch out 4 that aztec_1.6 thingie....

Comment

MikeJ, I got lucky enough to get DCC'd it...I'll forward it to you it's fkn awesome...500% increase in everything.

Comment

wow, old news ;x

[14:45] -Global- [users] Notice from Entrope, posted 08:16 AM, 10/29/2002:

[14:45] -Global- There is a new trojan horse/virus going around called wintools.exe. If someone DCCs you wintools.exe, DO NOT ACCEPT IT. For those who are already infected, we are investigating the best ways to remove it.

Comment

So there is a good reason to use an IRC client on a Mac.

Comment

Ahh, wintools.exe

Raged in QuakeNet couple of weeks ago, thanks to the Qnet Helpers who found out about this in the first place.

Oh yes, even I keep my automatic DCC get on, I'm not just stupid enough to run them.

Comment

Oh how i love the productive comments here on CS-Nation.

Comment

take that, you damn kettle!!!!!

Comment

Look on the bright side! Even those that never leave their computers who don't have to practise safe sex can still experience the fun of OTDs GET IT?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHA@#!@$!%#@#%@!!#@@~#

Comment

dRage wrote..

MikeJ, I got lucky enough to get DCC'd it...I'll forward it to you it's fkn awesome...500% increase in everything.
                        even my 56k AOL modem!!? OMG!

Comment

Someone tried to DCC it to me. Luckily enough I was smart enough not to accept it.

Comment

www.moosoft.com

Comment

SuicideMissionary wrote..

So there is a good reason to use an IRC client on a Mac.
                              try linux or something like that, not a mac.

Comment

Working...
                              X