This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLamp 1.10 Released

Disk2 just keeps churning out the updates to his already popular HLamp, a program that allows you to fully control Winamp from inside any Half-Life related mod. This new version is chock full of updates and new features for your listening pleasure, so click here to go and download the newest version.

Great... all I can think about right now is listening to "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars: Episode 1 while playing CS. There goes even more homework time...[break="disk2's comments"]Work on version 1.10 of HLamp has finally been completed! This version contains several important bug fixes along with some new features and an easier to read help system. Windows 98 and Millennium users should no longer experience any problems with HLamp. The in-game scripting feature has also been greatly improved, with several new macros added. If you have any problems with version 1.10 feel free to post on the HLamp forums.

Download links are available on the HLamp website or on the downloads page.

Here is the complete HLamp 1.10 changelog:
    • the in-game announcement feature is now more useful. users can now, by default, announce or echo the name of the current song, current time, current date, and winamp's version information.

• added the "playlist creation mode" (pcm). while this mode is on, any songs that are loaded will be added to the playlist (the current playlist will not clear). the mode can be toggled in the command menu.

• added an optional parameter to the nexttrack and previoustrack commands. the parameter can be used to skip x number of tracks.

• fixed the "unknown command: hlamp" bug some users were experiencing.

• fixed the crashing problems some windows 98/me users were having when they loaded winamp. the problem manifested itself in the form of a message saying winamp had performed an illegal operation.

• fixed a bug that placed hlamp.cfg in the wrong directory. hlamp.cfg will now be placed in the proper directory.

• restructured the readme file. it is now a bit easier to read. all of the scripting-related material is located in a separate file, as most users don't need to see that information. the faqs are in their own file, as is the version history (this!).
    As always, read the readme file for complete setup instructions. Enjoy!

-Disk2

hlamp! too bad i just open winamp and then start cs. no programs required. and yes, i can change songs and such, just requireshitting escape and bringing up task bar. and no cs sounds lost```/

Comment

Yes, but instead of completely interrupting your gaming experience by Alt-Tabbing out you can just press a button and load a song, change the volume, pause, stop, etc. Sure you can listen to music without HLamp, but controlling Winamp is much easier with HLamp. Perhaps if you had tried HLamp before posting about how easy your control method is you would have made a little more sense...

Comment

cheetarah654 wrote..

hlamp! too bad i just open winamp and then start cs. no programs required. and yes, i can change songs and such, just requireshitting escape and bringing up task bar. and no cs sounds lost```/
        too bad I can squeeze my asscheeks together and make strange farting sounds to the beat of my favorite songs. I dont even need a computer for that.

Comment

cheetarah654 wrote..

What is wrong with you?

Comment

HLamp is a great program. My only wish is that it featured a preamp volume control for the equalizer, so you could turn your music volume down without lowering your CS volume. Besides that, however, it's a good program for when you want that extra bit of control.

I'd recommend a joystick control plugin for those who have gamepads, though, as that's even easier than the VGUI menu interface. Anyway, nice work Disk2, keep it up man.

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

HLamp is a great program. My only wish is that it featured a preamp volume control for the equalizer, so you could turn your music volume down without lowering your CS volume. Besides that, however, it's a good program for when you want that extra bit of control.

I'd recommend a joystick control plugin for those who have gamepads, though, as that's even easier than the VGUI menu interface. Anyway, nice work Disk2, keep it up man.
              I'll add Preamp/EQ Band control in the next version then. On some soundcards setting the "Winamp volume" doesn't affect the game volume. On most it will affect the game volume...Preamp control should fix that, thanks

Comment

I love the new hlamp_echotime command. Thanks disk2!

Comment

Disk2 would be 'ok' if we didn't associate him with cs-radio

Comment

Edited by [user="9714"] @ [time="1037183026"]

Thanks Lugosi

Comment

I can't imagine why anyone would want to use winamp when playing CS. you wouldn't be able to hear jack!

Comment

Mr Natural wrote..

I can't imagine why anyone would want to use winamp when playing CS. you wouldn't be able to hear jack!
                        There are lots of people who listen to music while they play CS. I don't listen to music while I'm actually trying to win (e.g. in a clan match or scrim), but it is nice to listen to when you're just playing for fun. And you can pause it when you are alive...that's what I do.

Comment

Disk2, if you would implement an auto-pause function, pausing / un-pausing WinAmp on roundstart / death... now that would be even cooler!!!

Comment

That's cool. I'll probably end up downloading. First thing good out of Britain in years.

Comment

OMG this program is gr8 you cant beat a bit of oasis while running around killing terrorists!!! and even better its made by a fellow brit!!! gj creator (dont know your name)

Comment

Working...
                              X