This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:Operator Released

zeusDgod has released CS:Operator which is the latest in a series of Counter-Strike upgrade packs which improves the look and feel of the game.
    This pack contains a cosmetic enhancement and all new weapon/item models. The small 25mb replaces the default Counter-Strike guns with high detail, tasteful, but keeps the guns the same model as the originals. The shell, console, sprites and buy menus have all been enhanced. Even if you aren't a fan of upgrade packs, you'll get addicted to what CS:Operator has to offer. 735 downloads in 3 days can't be wrong!
    Visit his site here, or download the pack at FileShack.

Uh oh, account is frozen for taking up too much bandwidth! I guess being popular DOES have its downfalls...

Comment

Disclaimer here, I haven't downloaded the pack. But, judging from the picture of all included models, it looks to be a fairly good pack, as far as packs go. Individually downloading your own models will always leave you with the models you like best, and this can't compare to that. But as far as model packs go, this looks to be the one I'd use if I had to pick one, simply because most of the models are pretty close to their original look, without tons of extra attachments.

Don't like the scope on the UMP though, and the MP5 and scout look ugly to me. (I like the traditional scope mount on the scout, not the forward shifted one.)

Comment

I d/led this just for the hell of it and I have to say it's the best model pack I've seen. It's well worth a try.

Comment

40 minutes wait to download . file$hack bah :/

Comment

Greased Weasel wrote..

Uh oh, account is frozen for taking up too much bandwidth!
            Same with me.

Comment

i like it ... make updates zeus

Comment

Compare to Action Pak and find the similarities... Most of these weapons are currently in v4.5 of Action Pak. I can only find 4 or 5 of the 27 weapons that are not in Action Pak right now. all the others have been in older versions. Maybe just a fluke, if so we both have the exact same taste in models. Its a very nice pak, but I released it about 2 months ago. Don't know about the other parts of this pak.. sounds, sprites, etc.

Comment

"but keeps the guns the same model as the originals"

Erm no, it updates them completely.

Comment

Well what can I say...

I've been completely blown away by the amount of downloads I've been getting, even on a wait-based service like FileShack. I am obviously pleased with the response from the community and will continue to release the pack when enough new models catch my eye.

Palehorse, I am not trying to compete with Action Pack since both our packs cater to various audiences (full update vs. weapon/look). There are great models that have been reused in packs everywhere (ie. Ak47, Grens, Bomb, Psg1, Scout, etc.). I think you have done great things for the important, albeit small, pack maker community (+ getting CSN to host is no small feat), however CS:Operator was a labour of love for me and I'm glad I released it.
                    Greased Weasel wrote..

Uh oh, account is frozen for taking up too much bandwidth!
                    I signed on to an Angelfire account and the site is up, as long as the bandwidth holds. This issue and fileshack are the burdens unhosted sites carry. Hopefully now some upstanding citizen will offer me some space on a server in exchange for hits.

In conclusion (English essay tips were all for nothing) I would like to say 2 things:

1. There's more where that came from.

2. Thank you.

Comment

Serious Sam wrote..

"but keeps the guns the same model as the originals"

Erm no, it updates them completely.
                      I think the idea is that the UMP doesn't become an UZI, the Aug doesn't become an M4A1 with scope, the Desert Eagle doesn't become a Colt 1911, etc. Many model packs change what type of gun a few are.

There are exceptions though... I think the G3SG1 and XM1014 are changed (though I use the replacements featured in this pack for both), and I wasn't sure on the P228 (whether it was like a P226 instead or not). And of course the knife is different. The basic look and feel of the weapons is the same, however.

Bah, I need to go hunting for a new USP model again. I was looking at a real one at Sportsman's Warehouse, and realized that the model I'm using isn't quite the same in a few spots... doh!

Anyway, I count 8-9 models that are different from Action Pak 4.5, though some of those were featured in past Action Paks, which tend to be better than most packs, but never quite what I'm looking for. I like the idea of simply a weapons only pack, as I don't like changing my player models, sprites, or my sounds. Well, except for my ricochet sounds, which were too quality on Operation Flashpoint to pass by.

I might have to download this pack later and look through the models in more detail, see if there's any that I want to replace my current models with. Sure wish VALVe would unlock the p_ models for the UMP and SG550... Default p_ump45 looks sooo ugly.

Comment

this thing looks seriously cool... gotta try it...

Comment

Does anybody have a mirror to save me about an hour wait?

Comment

is there any particular reason why those p_ models are locked?

Comment

your still using the deagle i sent you bout half a year ago

(and yes, its me eric)

id like to try this pack out, but with my 15 fps comp...nah

Comment

Working...
                              X