This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Gaming Ban

Looks like it's happened again. CSCentral is reporting that a judge in a city in Brazil has now banned gaming at LANs for fear that kids under 18 will kill people after going to LANs. The post can be found at CSCentral.

It's really sad to see people overreact like this. Hopefully there will be enough of an outcry that the city will overturn this unjust ruling.

I bet the real reason is because some kids got caught playing Solitaire or something at school.

Comment

ah, your wrong my friend.

"Multiplayer" Solitaire.

community = death of people in brazil

Comment

In a country which shoots it homeless streeet kids, they are worried about what exactly?

Comment

wooo another dense stupid judge

Comment

wow that must suck!

Comment

Don't worry - it's just another example of corrupt officials in Brazil.

He's obviously been paid by board game makers, who have seen computer gamers take a large share of their market and are now in a bad way.

Seriously though, this kind of thing is totally unjustified.

If Brazil wants to take control of its crime/inflation/insert chronic situation here, it could do better than banning LAN gamers.

The police could try investigating crimes instead of sitting on their fat asses, eating doughnuts and taking bribes from criminals.

But that requires work, doesn't it?

Ahhh, those wacky Portuguese-speaking loonies - at least they know how to hold a carnival...........

Comment

Im From Brazil

In my city they close 3 lanhouses =[

stupid jugde

sorry my english =/

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Typical government tripe. Attack blindly and ignore all research and logic. If 99 people decide to kill someone instead of 100 next year, take credit.

edit: By the way, if anyone wants to upgrade me for their chance to win GTA:VC, they're welcome. I already have a copy, it's a great game.

Comment

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. And they really banned underage kids from LANs (AGAIN), but as usual, the police has better things to do, and within a month or two all under age kiddies can play at their LANs...

BTW I'm 20 yo now =D

Comment

Working...
                          X