This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamers Documentary

On Friday December 20 at 9:30 PM, the Cyberathlete Professional League will debut a 20-minute sneak preview of the upcoming feature-length documentary, Gamers.
    Gamers traces the history of the game Counterstrike and explores the community that it has spawned, the friendships and relationships it has formed and affected, and the way it has changed the gaming world.
    Stay tuned to The Gaming Project and The CPL for more information. Thanks, cheetarah654 and =[LOST]=SuperMonk.

What is "feature length"? Like an hour and a half? This is like a quarter of the entire movie.

Comment

I think its cool there is going to be in an in depth doc. about how gaming has changed from Beta to 1.5. I, along with many others, liked it better in the old days, but hopefully the CS community could once again return to a state of just playing. Most servers now always contain the idiots that always complain about the littlest things, and how they preach that camping is a mortal sin.

Many friendships have been made over CS, I know I've gained many friends over CS, and Im sure many others have too, GJ monk and cheetarah

Comment

cs is by far the best online/first person shooter. Its good to finally see it get its well deserved recognition.

Comment

405mikey wrote..

cs is by far the best online/first person shooter. Its good to finally see it get its well deserved recognition.
          I believe it got that after the first 25,000 "Best game of [Fill in the Blank]" awards

Comment

im in this movie lol... most of it was filmed at LGLAN, a lan party i attend in los gatos, california. the guy filming it was pretty cool...

now this movie is all mainstream with the CPL involved and all. .heh.. anyway.. can't wait to see this.

Comment

So is this like an indy film?

Comment

Seeing how there is absolutely no money in Documentry films... I would say yes.

Comment

the CPL is pretty mainstream...err I think to get less mainstream than the CPL you would have to make a movie using a Sony hi8 camcorder about different type of toiletries used in the northwest.

Comment

I live in the NW, so I'd be sure to give some input...

But yeah, CPL is getting to be mainstream... among CS players. Certainly not something that your average Joe or Susy has heard of. Regardless, I'll be interested to see what the final film ends up like.

Comment

Working...
                    X