This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaden and styka i'views

Domain of Games has sat down with rs' Jaden and utp's styka in two separate Q&A sessions with the same five questions concerning the CPL. Both are interesting views, from the American scene at least. Here's a bit from Jaden's piece:
    [ efnex ] What has your team been doing to prepare for the CPL?

[ [rs]-Jaden ] We have not been practicing as much as we would like. There has been a lot of problems with people moving, school, and other things that have hindered our practice time. However, we will be lanning and hardcoring starting friday with e-sports united and rival.
    Jaden's interview is here, while styka's is here. Thanks cheetarah.

i wish i could be involved in something hardcore...gaming, that is.

they better practice, cuz practice makes money, or something like that.

Comment

whatever floats their boat

Comment

And these kind of teams should be a challenge to SK who get paid to play and practice 6 hours each & every day together?

Forget it..

Comment

Not perfect. The scope has a ton of misaligned textures. That makes it ugly as hell but it is an easy fix but fixing it myself makes me do work making this model to perfect. Its ok the CZ arms some will love but I cant replace my scout for a long time.

Comment

Good, but far from perfect.

Firstly, the modelling. That scope is fairly blocky and the knobs on it look hideous - they're not actually round, they're oval, which just looks plain weird. Also in-game it looks like the scope and barrel are pointing in slightly different directions - though they aren't when you look at it in JHLMV, it looks stupid in-game.

The skin is nothing to shout about either. There is a lot of texture misalignment on the scope and a small amount on the main body of the Scout too. the skin on the scope and on the main body have been done in a slightly different style it seems, and they don't quite 'gel' together as they perhaps should. Not to mention, that is the most basic looking scope lens I have ever seen. That's a real short job in Photoshop that is (literally fifteen seconds - I just duplicated it myself), it's quite obviously a warped lens flare effect and that's just plain annoying. It's given the lens an unrealistic shine and reflection that it wouldn't normally have. Nasty stuff.

The animations are basic as hell (defaults I think) and while there is nothing bad with them, they're not all that great either.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it. I've already done my own bit of hacking and personalising on the original model, and frankly I think this one isn't half as pretty. There are much, much better Scout models out there (including the original of this one), there is no reason for you to bother with this model.

Comment

hey man, the cs:s scout is ten times better than this but it still good!

*pats on d00d's back*

Comment

Model and Skin are decent. Sound is really good. So I kept the sound and went back to the Sig Sauer SG3000.

Comment

SEX!!!! NOTHING wrong with this, get now!!

Comment

Terrible.

Comment

I dont see anything wrong with it, execpt the animations

Comment

It looks pretty, but has a few issues that keep it from being an excellent niche model.

Comment

Looks good, but the animations are a bit wacky all in all nice model.

Comment

actually, i like it. I didn't notice any major mistakes, and it just looks good

Comment

Holy. Fu**ing. S***.

Comment

Working...
                              X