This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnitedAdmins Absorbs Cheating-Death

UnitedAdmins has recently acquired the server and client side of Cheating-Death. Cheating-Death was a popular anti-cheat tool that was put down by the implementation of VSM which blocked all client side hooks. The team chose not to pursue the matter any further. With the newly acquired source code, the UA team will be have a stronger base to thwart cheaters. UA's Chairman HoundDawg sums it up perfectly:
    It's amazing to see how two, once competing projects (Cheating-Death and CSGuard) can eventually come together and provide a more complete anti-cheat solution.
    I can't agree more. Click me for UA's press release. Thanks FLeK0 and orphy!

A client side anti-cheat always lead to problems and errors. How will it work together with VAC?..

Comment

Well cheating death only worked for non vac servers last I read...

-dp-

Comment

They'll just look at how CD found certain cheats and adopt some new methods. If that counts.

Comment

I miss the cheating free days of CD

Comment

yeah i never understood how so many people didn't want to take the time to download a client side anticheat and run it every time before they run cstrike, but still whine about how there was so much cheating... i thought cd was always the best anticheat, updated pretty fast and always stopped ogc

Comment

you can cheat at counter-strike?

Comment

What I really liked about Cheating Death is that it's code is about "Cheating Prevention" rather than detection.

It was probably the first wallhack block of its kind.

Merging CD code with HlGuard would render existing hacks useless

and give hackers a hard time to make new methods of cheating.

Comment

[pr] wrote..

you can cheat at counter-strike?
                  lol.

-dp-

Comment

People usually didn't have a problem with downloading an anti-cheat client; they had a problem with everyone and their fucking brother making a new one, thus requiring them to download several if they wanted to have a decent selection of servers. At the rate that OGC was updating, there really was no incentive to DL yet another prog that'll be circumvented in the same amount of time as the OTHER 2 you already have. Plus, it's not like the chances for false positives gets smaller with more progs. DL or don't DL, it was a crapshoot either way. It simply wasn't worth it.

The irresponsibility of the anti-cheat makers themselves was about as irritating as the cheaters, especially considering how generally useless they were and how poorly the progs played with eachother. If any of them had a goddamned clue, they would've unified their efforts a long time ago. You know, back when they actually mattered.

Comment

vac + hlguard + cheating death...... i don't see how cheaters can come up again

unless valve stupidly doesn't support united admins

Comment

Been a while since a new vac was released. Or am I just to fast?

-dp-

Comment

philmcneal wrote..

unless valve stupidly doesn't support united admins
                          It doesn't as far as I know.

Comment

Cheating-Death was 100% cheat proof. A couple verions of OGC bypassed the validation system to play on CD servers without the client, but that was quickly fixed. I think CD was the best anti cheat for a while, but then it too was blocked by VAC.

Comment

Well, ok. Join the club. By the way, nice new quote icons, CSN.

Comment

Working...
                              X