This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGS Expands

Xtreme Gaming Servers has recently expanded into Washington, D.C. and Chicago, known by people stuck in the 1950's as the Windy City. During April, they'll also be opening up shop in the United Kingdom! XGS isn't just game servers, however; they offer it all:
    • game servers

• managed servers

• collocation

• webhosting

• webdesign

• reselling packages
    If you hurry up and get a website design, you'll be eligible for a special discount. Yep, a 10% discount until the 17th is what I hear, but of course I get my gossip from Lonely Joe, the drunk outside of the local pub. He sounds trustworthy, though! Check out XGS today.

I have my server with them. They own me. Their support is also the best I have ever experienced.

-dp-

Comment

Check community news on www.gotfrag.com ..Their West and Centeral servers have merged with Gamedaemons.

Comment

Only Dallas and San Jose. They are putting up new servers there.

-dp-

Comment

I guess this is XGS's last desperate chance to get publicity since it appears they are gonna go out of business. The CEO must be a moron to let half his customers be stolen from him and sent to another company behind his back. I used to think XGS was a well operated company but if they can't even keep track of who runs what then I guess not.

BTW what ever happened to that FREE AoWC giveaway or did they decide to be cheap and reneg on that?

Comment

Huh, what where? I always thought XGS had the fastest servers, why are they going out of business, where did their customers go?

Comment

We are not going out of Business. I made the mistake of having a investor in the company that owned the hardware in Dallas and San Jose. He DID NOT own XGS just the hardware. I found out after the fact that he sold out to the same Company that bought out Game Daemons. XGS is not going out of Business we are actually growing more then ever. We are having new machines installed in Dallas this week and San Jose within the next 2 weeks and our Datacenters will be back to normal then. This Sell Out was out of my control since the Investor sold his portion. I was asked for a buyout but refused so please before you start making things up get your facts straight. My feelings go towards the Clients that were on those boxes. Thats the people this actually hurt thats why I will never have a investor again and will control everything myself. Have a nice night.

Comment

So basically you had Rizzuh make this post so you wouldn't look like such a fool. Tell me Mindless why on earth would someone want to rent a server from someone so stupid (you) to let this happen in the first place. Ever heard of contracts? No wonder why people say XGS is run by a bunch of kids.

Comment

What happend? Mindless' post didn't go into much detail.

Comment

read our XGS website about the deal that went down I have it in detail www.xgamingservers.com. CrankerDevil if you dont like XGS dont read about us. I actually sumited a post about XGS before I even found out about this deal with the Dallas and San Jose. Its all good this will make my company even stonger now.

Comment

Mindless, I was checking out your site, and colo information. It shows a 2u server for $100 setup and $200 per box. It also shows 1 to 5 Mbps as $300/megabit. Does this mean that if I have a 2u server and want 1 megabit per month, I would pay $100 setup plus $500/month, or is there some bandwidth already included in the $200/month?

Thanks

Comment

Sounds pretty good Mindless. CranderDevil, feel free to shut your damn mouth any time now, as you're just making a fool of yourself.

Comment

CrackerDevil, XGS, as I believe, pays money, or donates, or somehow helps CSNation. Did you do any of that? You don't have a CSN account, you don't pay any money to this site, yet when a good company does, you accuse them, because they (for some reason) can't get a new item on a popular site once a month? CSN was laking news, so the posted this, but also because Mindless actually gives something back to CSN for all the stuff. And what Mindless does is their business, did you actually have a server with them, or do you just like accusing him?

Oh, an who said XGS is run by a bunch of kids...

BTW, isn't that what you are?

Comment

What an idiot Crank is.

Mindless, do you have any intention on renting CS1.6 beta servers? How is the NS windows server looking?

Comment

NS is a bit on the high cpu usage side. I really want to host it I love playing the game myself. As for CS1.6 yes we will be hosting it and I will be upgrading some of my client servers that request it. I will be setting up a few servers for everyone to play on so look for it to be posted on my news tomorrow sometime. After im done with the testing we will be posting when we are ready to start renting those also. Thanks for the good feedback guys its nice to see people stick up for each other once in a while instead of just immature kids flaming and saying things they have no idea about.

Added @ [time="1042702852"]

FTZ sorry man forgot to answer your question. The colo is more for Resellers I have quite a few actually but for a 1U or 2U its the rack space and BW cost. But honestly if you ran 4 game servers you would on use .5 Mbps mabe. I know it sounds expensive but once you break down BW, Rack space power and insurance its a very expensive business. We do compete with the Colo prices "Match Prices" excpet against Cogent or Verio BW.

Added @ [time="1042901221"]

OK guys we have a CS1.6 Beta Server up in Chicago 66.150.107.5:27015

Comment

Working...
                              X