This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WON.net Down

Yes, that's right. WON.net is down, so chill out and grab a soda. A source inside Vivendi Universal has informed me that VALVe is performing maintenance on the servers, and therefore WON will be down temporarily. He also disclosed that today VALVe would be taking over all Half-Life main servers, which explains the downtime.

Basically, stop freaking out. Try playing a different game on an overplayed map with a one shot, one kill gun while sitting in the darkest spot of the map. Oh yeah, change your name to "Player" while you're at it. WON.net will return shortly.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Comment

This explains why it said my current version of Counter-Strike was out of date.

Comment

buggeh

Comment

Ah well. Im sure it will be up soon.

I am surprised to get confirmation from VALVe on the point. I recall a previous occassion when WON went down and VALVe support said that they couldn't confirm or deny any such outage.

Comment

I got the confirmation email from them, I work for them.

Comment

VALVe needs to work on half-life's error messages, how on earth are you supposed to guess "your hl.exe is out of date" means won is down :/

Comment

and theres still people whining on IRC... lol

Comment

I thought 1.6 is out, lol!

Comment

Did anyone else's CS actually RESET to 1.0?????

I open up my CS and it says 1.0 in the bottom corner!!!

WTF!!!

Btw I use CS mod, and my HL reverted to 1.0 as well

Please anyone help!

Comment

lol i cant believe that some ppl actually thought they released 1.6 in one big secret to servers.

Comment

i thought 1.6 came out too lol

when u log on to online games does it say trying to connect to ip: someting like 74.34 ext

Comment

WTF they didnt? =) jk im not that stupid..who thought that?

Comment

lol i thought they released 1.6 as well. i felt reaslly excited and after that very stupid. anyways, there is that little column on the left. under news, there is a link and it says SOTD, meaning skin of the fay. click there and then go to archives. you might find some sweet junk in there

Comment

if 1.6 was to come out today there would be so much hype.

Comment

Working...
                              X